HTC Diamond finally available to buy on the Orange website

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest barkythedog
No, you can't port Orange to Orange. Best thing to do is port your number to a PAYG provider (Virgin seem to deal with PAC's quickest) and then port back again to Orange on the new contract.

ah well just have a new number then

Guest Shuflie
ah well just have a new number then

Don't forget to actually port your old number somewhere else or cancel the old contract, you will be paying for two contracts until you get it sorted.

Guest Bigbaker

Just spoke with 2 Orange shops local to me, 1 has had there delivery but no Diamonds, the other shop there delivery hasnt turned up as yet, I will get a call either way if they get some or not. He is not sure if they will be handsets to upgrade to tho (sim dependant in the box).

Guest jdaco6
so has anyone managed to upgrade?

Yes! Executive team are doing somthing called a 'backdoor upgrade' whereby they sign it all up as a new contact then port everything over and cancel the temp contact once the phone has arrived! Go Executive's!

Guest rupert_hollom
so has anyone managed to upgrade?

Was told that it wouldn't be available until next week on upgrades, as it was still testing, even though it is available to buy new - might give them another call to see if someone else knows anything different...

Guest steve_smith

I've just placed my order online (to save me £5 a month) - coming back to Orange having been with T-Mobile for 4 or 5 years. Sweating it out a bit on battery life, just hoping its not going to be as bad a I think :D

Out of interest, they confirmed to me that the Racoon 35 tarriff offers unlimited (capped at 500Mb per month) internet browsing for the life of the contract. There seems to be a lot of doubt on Orange's own website about this! When you click through to order it offers you the opporunity to sign up for 30Mb of data at £8 a month extra :(

I also spoke to T-Mobile when getting my PAC. Retensions said the Compact IV is coming out on Monday and that if I held on they could do me a deal. However, they couldn't compete with the Racoon 35 tarriff's free unlimited anytime landline calls (which swung it for me, because I call a lot of landline numbers during the day for work).

Orange gave the impression that stock was limited by the way.

Guest 1straven

Retentions have it now btw.

Just upgraded early on my contract ( I was in the 17th month)

600 minutes

Unlimited Texts

Unlimited Data

Free Diamond

£25 per month on a 18 month contract. Cant really argue with that.

Guest highlorddave

just got my upgrade

dolphine 35 + free diamond + 10% off my bill for life

im pretty happy as i was not expecting to get the phone till well after the 14th

should be delivered tommorow, then all i need to do is invalidate the warranty with TLR ROM and i will be good to go :D

Guest jdaco6
I wish I'd phoned up now. Never mind. I don't have to give that many people my new number

How on earth did you get such quick delivery usually it is 1-3 days! What is the delivery time for mobiles from orange usally like so if i ordered mine before 12:00pm today, which i did when should it be with me?

Please let me know so i know when to wait in!

Guest jimbouk

Orange deliver next day. They will only process an upgrade/new connection if they have phones available so its al;ways next day delivery.

Guest jdaco6
Orange deliver next day. They will only process an upgrade/new connection if they have phones available so its al;ways next day delivery.

That is so odd! The guy on the Executive team told me it is usally 1-3! Maybe that is the worst case! Thanks for your reply!

How on earth did you get such quick delivery usually it is 1-3 days! What is the delivery time for mobiles from orange usally like so if i ordered mine before 12:00pm today, which i did when should it be with me?

Please let me know so i know when to wait in!

I went to an orange shop. Ignore the extra now I put in that sentance

Guest 1straven
That is so odd! The guy on the Executive team told me it is usally 1-3! Maybe that is the worst case! Thanks for your reply!

If you order on a friday, it arrives monday which is where your three days comes from.

Guest barkythedog

Just spoke to them today, they now said they could offer me an upgrade £19.99 for the phone, onto the new Dolphin 35 talk plan with the unlimited browsing for £30/month, same as the online deal but cheaper phone, and I keep my 4 magic numbers, they are back tracking fast at the moment.

Guest Eriktheviking

as ive got two contracts i got a great deal as i got a free ipod touch 8gb when i upgraded yesterday and got a nokia 6500 which my girlfriend will use and ill get the diamond on my second upgrade next month. Thanks orange.

Guest Mickster

Am I the only person that has 1GB free on Orange? I still have 3G try data on my account from about 3 years ago when I got my Universal!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.