You may think I'm barking mad

Guest fgianni

Guest fgianni

I must be the only one, but I don't like the HTC Diamond's interface much.

Is there any way to replace it with Pocket Breeze and Pocket Plus or something similar?

Guest jimbouk

It takes some getting used to.

I am sure that the clever guys elsewhere will come up with ways to tweak it to make it perfect. In the meantime, you ca just turn it off as an item in today settings and use the standard wm6 and wm6.1 today screens. Not sure if any of the "skinning" apps work wiht the vga screen yet.

Guest maclondon
I must be the only one, but I don't like the HTC Diamond's interface much.

nope i agree - its rubbish - bling over zing

the gesture recognition is very poor, 9 times out of ten it fails to recognise a sweep

and clicks through instead.

its kenetic scrolling is very unresponsive.

i didn't realise you could just bin it for the old today screen.

i would say its probably the way to go. on memory and processor staved machines

the last thing you need is a layer of pointless whizz slowing things down.

the gesture recognition is very poor, 9 times out of ten it fails to recognise a sweep

I find my Diamond very quick and responsive. I have to remember to be heavy handed :D still lets hope they make it better with the pro

Guest jimbouk

I am used to WM6.1 on my Tytn2, so was expecting to be switching touchflo off by now... but I haven't.

With the touchflo tweak and advanced config apps used to set it up, the device is responsive enough.

Guest Neil5459

Its performance does seem a little random!

I've only got Pocket Tunes installed as an extra app, so no other TSR's or background programs, and in the main, the interface is quick and responsive as long as you use enough finger pressure. However from time to time, it just lags like mad, meaning you then sweep or press something else resulting in the wrong action applying, and once a total freeze needing SR.

The Unwired has an article and link to a Diamond TouchFlo 3d Customiser application- the site is German but it should be possible to obtain it without undue fuss!

Guest jimbouk

Its available over at XDA - along with advanced config (with some diamond tweak xml content), both of which make the device quicker allow you to remove or move some things.

Guest Neil5459
Its available over at XDA - along with advanced config (with some diamond tweak xml content), both of which make the device quicker allow you to remove or move some things.

Thanks :D I'd ignored my usual 1st rule of checking XDA! I'll try some of the tweaks, but think I'll pass on a new ROM for the time being :(

Guest Skunkchild

Out of the box I found it a bit awkward but after the tweaks I`m very happy with the speed so just need to find the sensitivity setting that suits me best.

I`ve dropped internet, photo, sms and mail tabs using the app neil5459 linked to.

Guest fgianni

But how do you turn it off?

I have installed pocketbreeze, but whatever scheme I select in "settings\today" touchflo goes on top of it!

I need a way to stop touchflo starting!

Guest jimbouk
But how do you turn it off?

I have installed pocketbreeze, but whatever scheme I select in "settings\today" touchflo goes on top of it!

I need a way to stop touchflo starting!

Click on the items tab and untick touchflo.

Guest Neil5459

In Settingsd/Today/Item you should be able to untick Touch 3D then OK back to thebToday Screen. Touch3D will unload showing your selected Today Plugins.

Guest fgianni
In Settingsd/Today/Item you should be able to untick Touch 3D then OK back to thebToday Screen. Touch3D will unload showing your selected Today Plugins.

Ok I guess that was the stupid question of the month!

It shows I had too many beers yesterday evening :D

Thanks

Guest Confucious
Ok I guess that was the stupid question of the month!

It shows I had too many beers yesterday evening :D

Thanks

See my sig :(

Guest bugeyes
anyone noticed that with turning touchflo off, the porgram memory still appears to be used up. any ideas?

yep i know this problem as well!

tho i still seem to have a lot less memory whatever!

total storage space 84.56 mb currently 42.70 spare

and

total program space 113.07 mb and currently 23.41 spare (with you tube running in back ground)

what happened to the 192mb ram and 256mb flash that my diamond posesses?????

still it does run nicely and i dont install that much to the main memory.......... :D

Guest Mike Wagstaff

Have you tried upgrading the ROM? I'm using the latest one from Dutty, and the difference is amazing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411707

Not only does it upgrade the interface, it also upgrades the radio stack which is apparently also responsible for some of the random slow-downs.

It's such a shame that most people who buy the Diamond will probably stick with the original, sluggish ROM...