The HTC Diamond Camera.. i'm impressed :)

Guest James

Guest James

Well, just some thoughts really.. i am so far impressed by the HTC Touch Dimond Camera :D the best ive used in any windows mobile device to date..

im still testing and hopfully will get a better idea by the end of next week!

whats your experience? got any good pics to upload?

post-2777-1215904421_thumb.jpg

Guest highlorddave

i've been quite impressed with the camera on here too, i think the auto focus alleviates alot of the problems i have experianced with previous WinMo devices. Sadly though the camera still produces poor pictures in low light conditions :D

Guest Neil5459

Its interesting that early reviews criticised the Diamond's camera for poor clarity due to the inset plastic cover on the back panel. My Orange Diamond doesn't have any inset cover, just a hole :D

Guest Thumper Net

ive not really noticed the difference with the plastic on or off , i set mine to full sharpness and it takes good photos during the day , night time is sadly bad due to the lack of a flash , video is also good as well , least htc are finally getting the cameras better , but still way behind my N82 , but we need on these phones to have minor problems or modaco would be very boring if windows mobile were always perfect phones :D

Edited by Thumper Net

Guest LeiChat
ive not really noticed the difference with the plastic on or off
Mine's a sim free HTC from Play.com and the plastic dust cover thingie does seem to mess with the image quality. :D

post-299637-1215964346_thumb.jpg

post-299637-1215964355_thumb.jpg

post-299637-1215964829_thumb.jpg

post-299637-1215964837_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeiChat

Guest highlorddave

have been playing around with the panorama mode today, its pretty good but you need a steady hand to align the 3 photos with a decent level of accuracy, would be good if it could you some electronic trickery to align the images and make up for my shakey hand (read: too much guiness last night)

Guest maclondon
have been playing around with the panorama mode today, its pretty good but you need a steady hand to align the 3 photos with a decent level of accuracy, would be good if it could you some electronic trickery to align the images and make up for my shakey hand (read: too much guiness last night)

if you have photoshop that will auto stitch them for you - its pretty damn cool

but the panorama thing is nice fun.

i think as with alot of the diamond - its as good or better than any win mo phone.

but still not up there with symbian/osX phones in many areas.

though each of those seems to lack something too.

iphone cam is rubbish

n95 data entry is a pain etc

the perfect smartphone seems to still be still a dream

Guest mintfresh

Pretty impressed with the camera compared to my Vario II one.

Took quite a few shots on Saturday and most turned out great, its particualry good at close ups of flowers, everyones favourite 'testing my camera shot'!

Shame about the flash, the best camera phone I have was the Sanyo S75(i think thats the number, it was on Orange a few years back when they first did 3G). It had a really decent flash, and I used it quite regularly.

Anyway, a couple of example shots attached if anyone is interested. Both are in daylight, but the dark looking one was in a shaded area. It had been raining and a bit and the phone did get a bit wet and steamy at times, but it coped pretty well.

Settings where left pretty much as they came, I adjusted the white balance to sunlight though.

post-56234-1216667548_thumb.jpg

post-56234-1216667565_thumb.jpg

Guest maffiaboss

The camera is great when used outside in the day (light). When it comes to dark enviroment a flash would be nice, although the camera imo is just a fun bonus.

Panorama is fun, took these photos:

post-410195-1216838267_thumb.jpg

post-410195-1216838348_thumb.jpg