Calls on hold with music?

Guest fgl87

Guest fgl87

Someone I went to class with a few years ago had a Qtek phone with touchscreen and slideout keyboard. It was much like the kaiser from HTC in many aspects.

Whenever I tried to call the guy, I heard music first as he was grabbing his phone to take the call.

He could also put calls on hold, then you'd also hear music playing; appearently his own, because it was hiphop.

I was wondering if such a software exists for the kaiser, because I know this isn't a standard feature of the phone itself.

Could anybody tell me, because I searched on terms like "putting calls on hold" "music" etc. but I didn't find anything yet.  thx!

Guest Confucious

What a wonderful idea! Unfortunately I don't know of anything, hopefully someone else will.

Great first post, welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help!

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Orange UK used to let you choose a custom ringing tone that people calling you heard eg: Christmas songs at Christmas, top 20 chart hits etc. One-off charge of £2.50 I think? Don't know if they still do it. A friend had a chirstmas song on theirs for 6 months and couldn't reset it. He ended up changing networks...

AFAIK it would have to be network driven - the handset can't transmit anything down the line until it's connected. The hold music is probably the same thing if he has call waiting etc.

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Beat me to it ... I seem to recall it was Orange or maybe the predecessor to T-Mobile that did it.

Was quite cool for a while, but never really caught on.

I have a friend in Slovenia. Whenever I call him I have to listen to the Top Gun theme tune until he answers his phone. :D

Niiiiiice........... :angry:

M.S

p.s -'Danger Zone' or Harold Faltermeyer's Top Gun theme? :D

Guest johnboy12
Niiiiiice........... :D

M.S

it was joe satriani......and why have none of you people heard of answer tones by at&t???????

Not the Danger Zone one. The other one. The the one that goes:

Niew Niew Niew Ne Ne Ne Ne Niew

Guest Swampie

T-Mobile do this with their Caller Tunes add-on. It has to be a network thing - unless the phone itself auto-answers, and then starts playing the music until you answer - of course, this would mean that the caller then is paying for the call. The Caller Tunes thing doesn't cost the caller anything - but the person being called pays a one-off fee for the tune (eg. £1.50) and then a £1 per month fee.

Guest deadphill

Id probably go for this if that were the case, though I'm not paying £1 a month for the extended privilege!

A long time ago when I was with Orange, I did have World in Motion by new order but unfortunately it never got to the John Barnes rap before it went to answer phone :D

Cheers

Phill

Not the Danger Zone one. The other one. The the one that goes:

Niew Niew Niew Ne Ne Ne Ne Niew

That's the Harold Faltermeyer 'Top Gun Theme'.

Classy.

You missed a Niew off the end BTW. I think....

M.S

Guest dazza12
That's the Harold Faltermeyer 'Top Gun Theme'.

Classy.

You missed a Niew off the end BTW. I think....

M.S

Sounds more like the beginning of Danger Zone by the number and rythmn of the 'Niews'. I know the other poster said it wasn't, but I've just dug out my CD soundtrack (yes, I'm that sad...) and that's the closest to it.

Edited by dazza12

Sounds more like the beginning of Danger Zone by the number and rythmn of the 'Niews'. I know the other poster said it wasn't, but I've just dug out my CD soundtrack (yes, I'm that sad...) and that's the closest to it.

No, it isn't the Danger Zone one. It's the Joe Satriani one. Like this one:

http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/gal...1868/topgun.mid

No, it isn't the Danger Zone one. It's the Joe Satriani one. Like this one:

http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/gal...1868/topgun.mid

Neeeowwww niew niew ne nah ne nah niew niew

na na nah na na nahh na na nahh naaaaahhhhhh....

etc etc..

I had that CD :D

It's Harold Faltermeyer with Steve Stevens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gun_Anthem

Saw the film on Sky one the other night. Still watched it despite seeing ti many times and knowing the plot backwards...

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger