hard reset for diamond strange problem

Guest bananas78

Guest bananas78

Hi How do you do a hard reset on diamond

The problem is real strange anyone come across this

Configured windows live on phone, went to email clicked on possibly spam email. opened and went to site.

Now when I use hang up button to lock phone it goes to the phone function and fills the number field with a loads of characters ? url?

its keep going and I need to turn the phone off?

Malformed email? Any ideas?

Guest newtonmj

The Diamond, like most devices these days, uses non-volatile RAM for its runtime environment hence taking the batteries out for a week would still only achieve a soft-reset i.e. a reboot.

The hard reset process is in the manual - whilst keeping the volume-down and OK buttons pressed, press the red reset button inside the stylus storage hole - the screen will then ask for confirmation of a hard reset and provide an optional erasure of the 'Internal Storage' area (i.e. the 4GB user storage area).

It's easier than it sounds...!

Mathew

Guest Neil5459
The Diamond, like most devices these days, uses non-volatile RAM for its runtime environment hence taking the batteries out for a week would still only achieve a soft-reset i.e. a reboot.

Mathew

I do know that :D :D

But a soft reset will often clear errors such as the OP reported, and this is less destructive than a HR :angry:

Guest newtonmj

Ah, I see

Having read many of your other posts I was rather surprised that you didn't know a battery removal wouldn't hard reset it...

...but now I know it was me that misunderstood your post - sorry Neil!

Mathew

Edited by newtonmj