TomTom Western Europe for HTC Touch Diamond = £49.95!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you are fortunate to own an O2 Germany XDA Touch Diamond, then you'll have noticed that the base TomTom Navigator 7 application is installed by default together with a free city map! If you are using another Touch Diamond device then you'll have noticed TomTom is NOT installed by default, although it does seem to be floating around in unofficial CAB form in various places.

In line with the applications availability, the appropriate maps for the device are now available, namely Eastern Europe or Western Europe in 7.20 guise. Not only that, they are a bargain!

Available to buy from this page, you can pick up the Eastern Europe map for £29.95 and the Western Europe map for £49.95 for installation via TomTom Home, a very nice deal indeed, and certainly a lot cheaper than buying a dedicated PNA!

Fingers crossed for an official application installer for other Diamonds from TomTom I think...

P

tomtommaps-20080805-144237.jpg

Guest surur

I have this map on my Touch Diamond and it works fine with TomTom Home 2. The biggest problem was trying to download the file however after buying it - I finally had to do it on another computer.

Surur

Edited by surur

I bought them a couple of weeks back, but would hardly call them a bargain.

I already had TT6, and should have been offered a substantially reduced upgrade price.

Guest xavalon
I bought them a couple of weeks back, but would hardly call them a bargain.

I already had TT6, and should have been offered a substantially reduced upgrade price.

true, pricing is attractive.

But how to get mapupdates via mapshare?? Since the widespread version 7.450 build 9028 isn't officially supported by Tomtom, and neither does mapshare work correctly with tomtom home 2.3 (gives a notification that mapshare isn't supported with this map or device).

the O2 version is build 9029. But if this supports mapshare is still unclear.

true, pricing is attractive.

Although I was saying it wasn't.

the O2 version is build 9029. But if this supports mapshare is still unclear.

It doesn't, at least not with the latest Home (2.3).

Guest Thumper Net

hehe the tomtom you mention paul is floating around the net , well here on modaco :D although ordering the map does not work , as it goes well and the order is confirmed but does not download to the tomtom home application , you then see a second purchase which is the old 675 version ( which i personally did not order )which shows up as failed :D tomtom home detects the phones a htc version and not an xda one :angry:

Edited by Thumper Net

Guest Simon Desser
hehe the tomtom you mention paul is floating around the net , well here on modaco :angry: although ordering the map does not work , as it goes well and the order is confirmed but does not download to the tomtom home application , you then see a second purchase which is the old 675 version ( which i personally did not order )which shows up as failed :( tomtom home detects the phones a htc version and not an xda one :P

Same here! Bought it on Saturday, still not managed to get my download :D

Tried 3 phones, 3 accounts and I either get nothing, or the device I'm using can't be used 'cos it's not been registered for a minimum of 6 months :D

I'm all for buying something I like, but the way TomTom make things so difficult it's almost tempting to use one of the various cracks out there!?!?

hehe the tomtom you mention paul is floating around the net , well here on modaco :D although ordering the map does not work , as it goes well and the order is confirmed but does not download to the tomtom home application , you then see a second purchase which is the old 675 version ( which i personally did not order )which shows up as failed :D tomtom home detects the phones a htc version and not an xda one :angry:

Curiously it worked for me a week or so ago. Not sure why!

Guest eric.67
I have this map on my Touch Diamond and it works fine with TomTom Home 2. The biggest problem was trying to download the file however after buying it - I finally had to do it on another computer.

Surur

Please try to explain me what did you do to download it on another computer, thanks... i'm in the same situation with Alps map....

Guest Gorskar

I Like how they say "Make sure your memory card has enough space, click here to buy a 2GB memory card" when the device is a Touch Diamond...

Guest FORCEFOXFIVE

A word of warning. Print off ANY on-line receipts to show proof of purchase when purchasing online. I know it sounds stoopid but when you want their customer service to help out if you dont have any of the correct codes they'll close up tighter than a nun's...we'll, you know.

Guest LeiChat

Ok, get yourself TomTom Home v2.3 from here: http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17&Lid=1

(not the one for navigator 6, the link you want is currently to the left of that one)

When you run the software it should detect your "HTC" device.

When I select Internal Storage it errors but then goes to the options screen.

Click the "Update my PocketPC" button.

Hopefully it'll check for updates and the maps will be amongst various voices.

Good luck.

post-299637-1218285927_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeiChat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I bought the Western Europe Map, installed TomTom Home and everything, but when I click "update" it doesn't show anything apart from one voice, and it doesn't have my map.

I've connected my device and entered the device code correctly and everything had have TT Navigator 7 installed but no luck!

Any help?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I bought the Western Europe Map, installed TomTom Home and everything, but when I click "update" it doesn't show anything apart from one voice, and it doesn't have my map.

I've connected my device and entered the device code correctly and everything had have TT Navigator 7 installed but no luck!

Any help?

I get something similar, I think...

I had installed the .cab from here

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-pr...-diamond-49-95/

and a free map, which works fine.

I then downloaded and installed tthome v2.3 onto my PC. Connected by Diamond, which is recognised, throws up the error and then to the menu screen.

When I try to buy a map through tthome, I get a "no maps available" message, like this tthome.jpg attached below.

I've tried going in via the tom tom site, but when presented with what device to choose from, the Diamond or XDA isn't listed. Should I just choose "Navigator 7" from the drop down?

Any help always appreciated ! Thanks very much

post-113847-1220650678_thumb.jpg

I get something similar, I think...

I had installed the .cab from here

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-pr...-diamond-49-95/

and a free map, which works fine.

I then downloaded and installed tthome v2.3 onto my PC. Connected by Diamond, which is recognised, throws up the error and then to the menu screen.

When I try to buy a map through tthome, I get a "no maps available" message, like this tthome.jpg attached below.

I've tried going in via the tom tom site, but when presented with what device to choose from, the Diamond or XDA isn't listed. Should I just choose "Navigator 7" from the drop down?

Any help always appreciated ! Thanks very much

Choose Navigator 7 which will give you the option of o2 XDA Diamond, Vodafone HTC Touch Diamond or ERA MDA Compact IV. I too had the same issues as above and haven't gone on to buy the western maps yet as I have an Orange HTC touch diamond and don't want to waste my money just in case its not compatible, is it the same download for each device?

The size of each of the 3 files are the same but are they specific to each brand? Will they work on an Orange branded handset?

Choose Navigator 7 which will give you the option of o2 XDA Diamond, Vodafone HTC Touch Diamond or ERA MDA Compact IV. I too had the same issues as above and haven't gone on to buy the western maps yet as I have an Orange HTC touch diamond and don't want to waste my money just in case its not compatible, is it the same download for each device?

The size of each of the 3 files are the same but are they specific to each brand? Will they work on an Orange branded handset?

I spoke to TomTom, I told them I had version 7.450 on my phone which they assumed this was pre-installed on my phone which it wasn't. Explained no maps were available on tomtom Home, it was suggested that I download it from the website, I told him I didn't have the particular brand of phone listed and he said it made no difference, they were the same.

I'll install in the next couple of days and report back if there are any issues.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.