Orange to Update 3g Network speeds

Guest Mark

post-69-1218026434_thumb.gif

Orange improves HSDPA speeds to reach upto 14.4Mbps by the end of next year!

Orange has announced a faster rollout of HSDPA in the North of England and Scotland.

The new network improvements as previously announced will include another 450 2g masts and major 3g coverage gaps filled.

Peter Marsden, vice president IT & Networks:
“A robust and reliable network is at the heart of everything we do at Orange and we are dedicated to ensuring our customers in each and every region of the UK feel the benefit of this. We are investing heavily to improve our network and this investment is one step closer to our goal of becoming the best UK network for coverage and reliability by 2009,”.

What do you think of Orange's claims? Come and discuss this on our Forums.

And by reducing there number of customers by providing Cr*p CS and high data prices congestion shouldn't be an issue either!

:D

Lol! I would say Orange aren't doing too badly for new customers, it seems to be Vodafone and o2 losing customers right now....

Guest Confucious

O offered 'unlimited'(well 500Mb) of data free on £35 + plans - but only for July. I really thought they might be getting their act together but why stop it? It reminds me of the OWU that some people got last year but can't renew this year.

Orange used to be the best, reached the pits, but I thought were getting better again, eg moving CS back to the UK.

I hope they do improve again!

Do you know why V and O2 are losing customers?

Do you know why V and O2 are losing customers?

Customer Retention.

O and Tmob are very good at keeping customers when they say they are going to leave, eg offering them discount on line rental or heavily discounted handset.

Voda and o2 don't tend to make offers like that.

Also, if somebody connects via an independant dealer, they try and switch them to whichever network is paying the best commision rates, that has tended to sway people towards Orange and Tmob. I know 3 used to pay large commisions, possibly still do.

It also tends not to help vodafone that the Carphone Warehouse don't connect to them anymore....

Guest Confucious

T-Mob gave me £15/month off to keep me so I can vouch that it works!

I'm surprised V and O2 let people go after fighting so hard to get them.

Strange, but true, I guess.

o2 have offered me nothing to stay with them. The only reason I do is because they are the only Network to work in the pub I live in.

I did try just by asking for my PAC number and they just gave it to me!

Guest Confucious
North? And Scotland?

Where's Midland & East? And South?

Pah.

T-Mobile - time to catch up! :D

Do they have these new fangled 'telephone' thingys up North and in Scotland?

Guest huwwatkins

Be nice to know where they are doing, seems O are playing HSDPA catchup. I live in west wales and 4 operators cover my local town - all do HDSPA except O.

Edited by huwwatkins

Guest shadamehr

Oh yes... but not those nasty WinSlo Devices Paul swears by - we have the latest Nokia handsets up here with A-GPS, Wifi, 5MP camera with Autofocus, Carl Zeiss Optics, and Xenon Flash, Inbuilt Maps Application, with Routing and Voice Nav optional etc etc...

Just like I suppose some are gonna say, WinSlo has.

Except I can send images, files an videos quickly, and easily, via the actual gallery of my device, without any silly naming of phones by their unique number ID, and taking ages to list BT handsets nearby, like WinSlo does *lol*.

Sorry, couldn't resist CFS mate.

:D

Guest Confucious

I'm using an E90 as my main device at the mo but have never transfered a pic by email (maybe I don't get to take pics like yours :D ). If I want to send pics I tend to email them.

But I can't help getting my Athena out and flashing it and getting new s/ware for it - something keeps dragging me back to WinMo.

Although I am tempted by the iPhone 3G......

Guest DarkWanderer

I'd be happy if orange updated my local mast from gprs to edge! I live down south in a small village. There is 3g but it was very patchy with tmo or orange (only networks in rage). I ditched my vario 2 a while ago while it would still get a good price on ebay and now just have 2g handset, but gprs is SO slow! I haven't asked O about it but they'd probably just say "your area has 3g,get a new phone". Good theory except that my house is in a dip and 3g only worked upstairs!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.