• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Steven J

Steven J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:E650
The Samsung i200 is a nice device. I just got one on Orange and it's working rather well, and it's really quite neat.

But, I just went to install Communicator Mobile 2007 and it won't install. If I do it via the usual MSI route it tells me it's not compatible (WMDC on Vista), and if I try loading the cab directly onto the device I get the following usual message:

Installation of Communicator.SP.cab was unsuccessful. The installation file is not intended for this device.

This cab file is the smartphone version, not the Pocket PC version (a common mistake I understand). I know people that haev had Communicator Mobile working fine on the i200, and I believe it works fine on other 6.1 devices.

Can anyone shed any light on what this could be please?

Much appreciated for the help... :D

Steve

Svedis

Svedis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Family, mainly MTeoRs

The Samsung i200 is a nice device. I just got one on Orange and it's working rather well, and it's really quite neat.

But, I just went to install Communicator Mobile 2007 and it won't install. If I do it via the usual MSI route it tells me it's not compatible (WMDC on Vista), and if I try loading the cab directly onto the device I get the following usual message:

Installation of Communicator.SP.cab was unsuccessful. The installation file is not intended for this device.

This cab file is the smartphone version, not the Pocket PC version (a common mistake I understand). I know people that haev had Communicator Mobile working fine on the i200, and I believe it works fine on other 6.1 devices.

Can anyone shed any light on what this could be please?

Much appreciated for the help... :D

Steve

Steve,
I had a similar problem with another installer .CAB on our i200's
And this is not necessarily a problem with the device.

I suggest you explore the installer cab, on your PC (basically a zip file) and open the xml file in there with an editor, you will probably find entries like "MaxOSVersion - 5.99" or very similar, and further down this xml file you might find references to a specific processor that is needed.

So what you need to do is to edit this xml file, value 5.99 --> 6.99, and possibly remove the entry regarding the processor.
(Try changing the value first...)

With this edited xml provisioning file in place, you need to recompile the cab.
I would like to recommend you to look for a proper xml editor that will present the xml, as in hives just as in a registry editor. for safe and easy editing

There is also great cab GUI's for cab creations/recompilations.....

Good luck.

PS. Iet us know if you get stuck, and I will let you know more details on editors suitable - names has slipped my mind at the mo.

Martin

Marcel A

Marcel A

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500

Steve,
And this is not necessarily a problem with the device.

I suggest you explore the installer cab, on your PC (basically a zip file) and open the xml file in there with an editor, you will probably find entries like "MaxOSVersion - 5.99" or very similar, and further down this xml file you might find references to a specific processor that is needed.

So what you need to do is to edit this xml file, value 5.99 --> 6.99, and possibly remove the entry regarding the processor.

With this edited xml provisioning file in place, you need to recompile the cab.
I would like to recommend you to look for a proper xml editor that will present the xml, as in hives just as in a registry editor. for safe and easy editing

There is also great cab GUI's for cab creations/recompilations.....

Good luck.

PS. Iet us know if you get stuck, and I will let you know more details on editors suitable - names has slipped my mind at the mo.

Martin

Sounds good! Do you have a working CAB for the i200 already, Steve ? Are you willing to share this ?

SGH-i200

SGH-i200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:SGH-i200, LG P990

...So what you need to do is to edit this xml file, value 5.99 --> 6.99, and possibly remove the entry regarding the processor.

At XDA-Dev. they used that solution to get MobiReader.cab to work!

See here: http://forum.xda-dev...773#post4437773

- The SGH-i200 rulez! -

Edited by SGH-i200, 31 August 2009 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users