Omnia battery life

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Is it just me or is battery life on this thing AMAZING?

I took it off charge at around 8am yesterday (only the 2nd / 3rd cycle), and a day later at 3pm it's at 40%. That's with a fair amount of use too including push mail (admittedly only on 2G).

Either way, my Diamond wouldn't get *anywhere near* that!

P

Guest MurphmanL

What are you using to get these figures?

Admittedly I havent fiddled with any of the power saving options yet , and i do have HSDPA enabled.

Im getting about a day tops, more rapid with excessive music playback - and the volumes not that high !

Not impressed entirely but its only my 2nd cycke and i dont think my battery is fully charged on the first cycle.... :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yeah, my first cycle was very poor and had me worried, but it's definitely improved.

I have the G4 ROM (which I think has helped?), and am pretty much using all the default settings. Usage primarily push email, some texts, some pictures (btw, how cool is panorama?) and a bit of surfing. Oh, and some FM radio.

P

Guest Confucious

At that rate I reckon if you were using HSDPA you'd get about 2.3 hours battery life :D

On 2G batteries tend to last, it's 3G/HSDPA that really kill them!

Guest Confucious
Hehe, on the Diamond I get a day of 2G!

P

Ouch! :D

No wonder people are complaining. I thought 1 day was with HSDPA which isn't unreasonable - on 2G that is shocking!

Guest Confucious

That's just wrong!

My Athena lasts a day with reasonable use including HSDPA - although I cann drain the battery in 2 1/2 hours if I try! But will last a lot longer if I turn 3G off (so, of course, I never do)

Guest MurphmanL

I dont really want to apply the G4 update and brick it tbh...

Im a confident flasher but at the same time im hearing people are just bricking them at whim, and being an ebay job im practically screwed if i brick it of my own means !

At least before XDA Devs folded up u could cook yourself a rom and get yourself out of a bricking situation from the bootloader !

Ill try turning off HSDPA for my next charge cycle since i dont think O2 use it anyway since im getting 3G symbol but no H.

Any solution as yet for the Volume issues?

Guest Confucious
At least before XDA Devs folded up u could cook yourself a rom and get yourself out of a bricking situation from the bootloader !

What do you mean xda Devs folded? It's still there and working AFAIK!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Which volume issues? I have no volume issues...

I know what you mean about G4 and the flashing thing, all I can say is I had no problems...

P

Guest MurphmanL

My volume over loudspeaker is fine.

My volume over headphones is awful, its like 1/3 of the volume of the loudspeaker ! can just about comfortably hear it in the office.

Pales in comparison to the volume of the ipod touch which is a real shame - and yes ive moved the volume rocker on the adaptor all the way up !

They are still there, xda devs but their rom cooking and general rom hackery on their FTP got disposed of by MS :-(

Guest Paul (MVP)

That IS weird, volume on the headphones is very high for me. Perfectly fine while cycling and at less than full volume, very loud indeed as soon as I plug my own 'phones in. Wonder if it's a ROM bug!

The shutdown of the FTP by MS made little or not difference to XDADevs!

P

Guest Simon Desser
That IS weird, volume on the headphones is very high for me. Perfectly fine while cycling and at less than full volume, very loud indeed as soon as I plug my own 'phones in. Wonder if it's a ROM bug!

The shutdown of the FTP by MS made little or not difference to XDADevs!

P

The volume's still very quiet on mine using any wired headphones. However, it's twice as loud using Blutooth headphones and sounds pretty good so that's some good news :D

Guest Simon Desser
I just wonder if you guys having problems with volume tried to roll the volume wheel on the adaptor ? :D

I'll pretend you didn't ask that question :D

Guest dufferman

Ok could be a stupid Q but ...

I got my omnia yesterday and am now doing first charge.

if my omnia is powered off how do i know its finished charging? Does the power button go from red to green?

ta

Ok could be a stupid Q but ...

I got my omnia yesterday and am now doing first charge.

if my omnia is powered off how do i know its finished charging? Does the power button go from red to green?

ta

Yes it does.

Guest Fizz_daz

battery life is woeful (less than half a day with not much being done on the phone) and chargingvia pc lead is non-existent virtually...

I'm beginning to hate this phone after 4 days use...

Guest IZIIZI
battery life is woeful (less than half a day with not much being done on the phone) and chargingvia pc lead is non-existent virtually...

I'm beginning to hate this phone after 4 days use...

you using GPS constantly?