Questions about the 2125 and GPS

Guest MrMan2008

Guest MrMan2008

I just came across a Cingular 2125 running Windows Mobile v5 being used on ATT Wireless network here in the states, An upgrade from my Nokia 6085. I would like to make it GPS Enabled even if I have to purchase a Bluetooth GPS Receiver (since I cant get my BT353 USB GPS Receiver work.)

Most all of the BlueTooth GPS Receivers I see use the Serial Port Profile (SPP) and I cant tell for sure but from what I read and can tell the 2125 doesnt support this Bluetooth Profile.

Yet alot of wesite I see including the ATT website says the 2125 supports external bluetooth gps receivers. Says 2125 is compatible with ATT Navigator with use of a BT-359C via SPP so im confused.

Can I used GPS Navigating software on the 2125 running WM5? And if so What GPS Reciever can I use. I was hoping to be able to use my BR-353 but not sure were to find usb driver that will work under WM5. The ones provided from usglobalsat are only for PPC and not WM5.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Mr

Guest MrMan2008

For what its worth I updated my 2125 from WM5 to WM6.1 still a little unsure what type of external GPS receiver I can purchase for this phone so I can use GPS mapping software with it?

Thanks again,

Mr