BenQ E72 Application Unlock Guide

Guest cdogg2000

Guest cdogg2000

Copy both files to the phone, Run the E72 Unlock first, run the other one 2nd then reboot the phone. Pretty much anything can install now, but I would recommend also downloading and installing Microsoft's Security Configuration Manager. This will allow you to set the security on your phone to completely off if you wish.

E72_Unlock.cab

Unlock.Disable.cab

• 3 weeks later...
Copy both files to the phone, Run the E72 Unlock first, run the other one 2nd then reboot the phone. Pretty much anything can install now, but I would recommend also downloading and installing Microsoft's Security Configuration Manager. This will allow you to set the security on your phone to completely off if you wish.

Thanks for firing these up here. I have just used them....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cdogg2000

You're quite welcome.

On an off subject, have you had any luck overclocking it? How has your experience been since I've seen that you've previously had or still have an s730?

• 4 weeks later...
You're quite welcome.

On an off subject, have you had any luck overclocking it? How has your experience been since I've seen that you've previously had or still have an s730?

Sorry for only getting back to you now; i didnt see the post before and i am usually notified about replies. Anyway, I just love the phone ; it really is a little gem at the price. Since there is a relatively large speaker to the rear I can even listen to music in hotel rooms when I am abroad on business. It has everything that I need on a winmo phone and a few other benq extras like auto redial if a number is busy and vibrate on connect so that you do not have to hold the phone to your ear until a call actually connects. Couple that and more to quad band gsm, bluetooth 2, wifi and A2DP and a great keypad. What more can I say.....if only it had a 2.2 screen instead of 2"!!!

Have not tried to overclock from the 260 MHz and wouldnt know how. But I too would be interested and also interested in a cooked 6.1 rom if it became available.

I'd have it before the HTC S730 any day....

Edited by 17-APG

• 4 months later...
Guest Vmdoug

Thanks for posting this! I was trying to install PockeTwit on my E72 but I kept getting a permissions error. After installing your .CAB's it works great! Now I will have PockeTwit when I travel overseas!

I can't believe how awesome this E72 is for the price! B)