Problems Using Secure Websites on T-Mobile

Guest akarno

Guest akarno

This is really a Touch Pro question, but I am guessing the Diamond is so similar and as there are more Diamond users, there is more chance of an answer.

When I installed a T-Mobile SIM into the phone it configured itself fine. The only problem I have is with secure Web Sites. It works fine over WiFi, but if I try to connect to a secure Web Site via T-Mobile internet, Opera just crashes.

Has anyone else had this, and if so, did you get it fixed?

Guest akarno
Does it work if you use Pocket IE?

It could be an issue with Opera?

Good Point! I just tried it. Gives the error "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f78."

Guest tsutton

Are you connecting to the Internet via USB cable or just the phone itself?

The error 0x80072f78, according to Google, usually happens when your phone is docked and connecting to the Internet via your ISP.

Guest futuresbright1
This is really a Touch Pro question, but I am guessing the Diamond is so similar and as there are more Diamond users, there is more chance of an answer.

When I installed a T-Mobile SIM into the phone it configured itself fine. The only problem I have is with secure Web Sites. It works fine over WiFi, but if I try to connect to a secure Web Site via T-Mobile internet, Opera just crashes.

Has anyone else had this, and if so, did you get it fixed?

exactly the same problem over here mate, cannot access any sites that require a log in, co-op bank, smile bank and even ebay just will not load.

opera just crashes and goes back to programs screen within touchflo and i get an error message when using IE.

cant really understand it as they all worked fine on my hermes and wizard.

any ideas anyone?

Guest akarno
exactly the same problem over here mate, cannot access any sites that require a log in, co-op bank, smile bank and even ebay just will not load.

opera just crashes and goes back to programs screen within touchflo and i get an error message when using IE.

cant really understand it as they all worked fine on my hermes and wizard.

any ideas anyone?

Are you also on T-Mobile or are you getting this issue on another network?

Can anyone confirm working ok on T-Mobile on secure sites? Can anyone confirm working on secure sites from any network?

Guest futuresbright1
Are you also on T-Mobile or are you getting this issue on another network?

Can anyone confirm working ok on T-Mobile on secure sites? Can anyone confirm working on secure sites from any network?

yes using t-mobile with compact IV currently running duttys v1.5 rom.

works fine through my home wi-fi.

could someone using same setup try logging on to coop bank, there is a large orange button that says "personal banking log in" that is where it kicks me out.

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/...FSweb/Page/Bank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest futuresbright1

sorted now ;)

go to start/settings/connections

connections/set up my proxy sever

untick box that says "this network uses a proxy sever to connect to the internet"

that should allow you to log on to any secure sites.

Guest futuresbright1
I can connect to Ebay or any other site that needs a password using Internet explorer but not using Opera. I do not have the Proxy ticked.

Peter

unticking proxy allows me to access all the sites that i couldnt access before using both IE and opera??

currently using duttys V1.9