Disappearing Folder Contents

Guest CorruptedSanity

Guest CorruptedSanity

Hi guys!

Ive had this happen once or twice before.

I have the following folder route:

Storage Card/Backup/PIM

Storage Card/Backup/ SPB Finance

Storage Card/Backup/SPB Pocket Plus

Suddenly the contents of a folder will disappear !

Browsing to the folder via explorer will s how an empty folder, using the application to find the file will also show nothing.

This first happened with the folder SPB Finance. Suddenly all my backup were gone and never returned. So I began backing up to SPB Pocket PLUS folder.

But now all 3 folders are empty!

In PIM folder, I used to see my PIM backups, but now browsing to it will show an empty folder. If I open up PIM to restore to a file in there, the folder PIM wont open.

Same with SPB Finance, if I restore to a file created earlier, it wont be there. I backedup to the folder today,and finance said successfully backed up, but browsing to the folder shows nothing, even when I try to restore to the file I just created, it shows nothing!

Ill be able to open Storage Card then Backup, but PIM folder wont open (the little plus sign doesnt change to minus).

This is very alarming!

As far as I know, I can only say its happened in the Backup folder as its the one I access the most to restore and backup to. It could be happening in other folders but I have not discovered it yet.

Guest RobertCeuppens

I had this happen with a cheap 4GB sd card I got off Ebay. My Tom Tom folder contents kept disappearing, and one of my folders in Codewallet. Replaced the memory card and it never happened again. Taught me to do backups more regularly though. :D

Guest CorruptedSanity
I had this happen with a cheap 4GB sd card I got off Ebay. My Tom Tom folder contents kept disappearing, and one of my folders in Codewallet. Replaced the memory card and it never happened again. Taught me to do backups more regularly though. :D

This is an original Sandisk highspeed card. Its happened before, also on a smaller size Sandisk card.

Guest CorruptedSanity
Might be worth formatting the card again?

Sigh, I guess so.

So? In the phone or through windows connected through a card reader?

I do have Memmaid? Could I use Memmaid to format it? FAT32?