Reconstructed DX1HH ROM!

Guest M Azmin Ishak

Guest robertoaitor

Hello,

As you see in the new forum, but from now one more to apologize for my English is not very good. Great work done by all of you, it would be possible an update for Windows Vista, because I am very interested in updating my omnia,

thanks to all

Guest lastnikita
No need for TouchFl any more

Of course you do, the samsung implementation is awfull !!!!!!

No kinetic scrolling, & you can't even scroll within combo-boxes or list-boxes, I'll remove it tonight !

Edited by lastnikita

Guest jeffharris

Tried it. Started fine. Did "second download" and showed it downloading on the Omnia. Then the Omnia reset, didn't go firther than the opening screen, and, my Omnia was officially bricked!!

Oh well, I hope Samsung USA might help, as I am from here - if not, does Samsung UK or Germany support the device? I'll be in Germany next week.

Guest jeffharris
Do you still get the Omnia screen? If so, then you're not 'bricked'... you should be able to flash DXHG4 back on with GrandPrix.

P

Yes, I get the Omina screen - That's encouraging. Can you point me where to find/what to do with Grand Prix? Thanks!!!!

Guest lastnikita

mmmm, I have a problem with the new rom, huge one obviously, can only see gprs instead of 3g.... anyone can confirm (or hopefully, not confirm) ?

Guest bobsbbq

I have successfully Flashed the H1 ROM from Chaimd. In my opinion there is a big improvement in speed vs G4. The animation are musch faster than G4 and configurable. Hepatic Feedback is also good. Will continue to test. Just wonder now if there are any new improvements on the H1 Phone? Will have to wait for that one.

Now I would like to give a big Thanks to Chaimd for his great work, he really is a master.

Also to Paul (MVP) for his help and the Modaco forum for supporting Omnia users.

Now I'm going to send some cash to Chaimd as he desreves it. I would also say if you like the ROM at least thank him and or make a small donation to him. After all without his new H1 ROM we would all still be waiting.

Guest bobsbbq
Pls correct me:

1. You need the latest Active Sync

2. You need to install the modem driver

3. Then run the exe?

Do verify - thanks all

I don't think you need the modem driver as this is only PDA flash. It doesn't hurt to install it anyway as you might need it in the future.

Guest SS2006

Ohh theres no vista one eh! im gonna have to wait till my XP computer gets repaired to update, which will be tomorrow hopefully

but from what im hearin gits a pretty much safe upgrade right? No big risk of bricking it? and the new firmware is like the real H1 nothing missing correct. I read earlier that it only changed the PDA VERSION, and not the phone, is that normal. Cause in the DXHG4 update both changed in 'version'

Guest jeffharris
Do you still get the Omnia screen? If so, then you're not 'bricked'... you should be able to flash DXHG4 back on with GrandPrix.

P

So, I played and learned how to do a flash with Grand Prix, but, I could only find the G4 PDA .bin from Chaimd. However, it succesfully loaded, but, I still cannot reboot (I am still stuck at the Omnia screen.) Tried it a few times, same result. I believe I need the other .bins. (phone, maybe this eboot, whatever else)

Any suggestion to get the needed .bin files? I guess any complete set of .bin files will do then I can normally flash the G4.

A million thanks in advance ...

Guest SS2006
all seems ok! Only the pda part is updated to DXHH1. Thanks for all your job!

what does that mean if the phone part stays the old one, and only PDA changes

that happened to me during the DXHG4 update?

DOes that mean something is missing or its all good

Thanks!

Guest chaimd
So, I played and learned how to do a flash with Grand Prix, but, I could only find the G4 PDA .bin from Chaimd. However, it succesfully loaded, but, I still cannot reboot (I am still stuck at the Omnia screen.) Tried it a few times, same result. I believe I need the other .bins. (phone, maybe this eboot, whatever else)

Any suggestion to get the needed .bin files? I guess any complete set of .bin files will do then I can normally flash the G4.

A million thanks in advance ...

If you need the others .bin files, you can sepalate from DXHG4 updater.

TOC, table of contents, is the last 32 bytes of DXHG4 updater.

FYI, in the 1st version of DXHG4 updater for XP,

---------start-----length

eboot---0001C000 0014D647

pda-----00169647 07A8CF9B

custom-07BF65E2 0074C000

Phone--083425E2 0102A000

ATTENTION:

There are two version of DXHG4 updater for XP at least.

You should check the TOC and decide the locations of .bin yourself.

Guest bulgarian
If you need the others .bin files, you can sepalate from DXHG4 updater.

TOC, table of contents, is the last 32 bytes of DXHG4 updater.

FYI, in the 1st version of DXHG4 updater for XP,

---------start-----length

eboot---0001C000 0014D647

pda-----00169647 07A8CF9B

custom-07BF65E2 0074C000

Phone--083425E2 0102A000

ATTENTION:

There are two version of DXHG4 updater for XP at least.

You should check the TOC and decide the locations of .bin yourself.

I am having exact same issue as him. I have updated the pda version using grand prix and my phone freezez at the Samsung Omnia Screen. I have no clue how to create the separate files myself. If someone could please give us a hint it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys

Guest broughs

Tried the update this morning phone now dead. No power no nothing. Be careful with this, it can be fatal. Phone updated fine went to 100% said on pc completed. Then nothing.

I have heard of motherbord failures when upgrading on Vista (DXHG4) but nothing on XP.

Stu

Edited by broughs

Guest natzakaria

Hi Guys

Would like to confirm with this also upgrade the radio or just the PDA - if just the PDA upgrade how do I upgrade both?

Any suggestions?

Guest brunopais

Anyone retrieved the BIN file for DX1HH rom? I keep getting the incorrect software version (after the settings tweak , and the bin editor tweak), so would be easier to use Grand Prix to flash it.

Guest brunopais
http://www.mediafire.com/?lsdzp8lxmvj - HH1 BIN file courtesy of chaimd.

As usual, use with EXTREME caution, make sure you hit the 'PDA' button in GrandPrix!

P

Thanks. I Did the PDA flash and after the completion , it's not rebooting anymore, and XP doesn't recognize the device as an Omnia anymore.

Current status : BRICKED. Carefull with the Bin file.

When I try to reflash it with the Portuguese ROM (that was my previous one), the device dowsn't wake up from Grand prix, even if I press the power button.

Any idea?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Grand Prix should pick up the device when you hit the reset pin.

FWIW I successfully flashed that HH1 BIN file before recommending it to you...

P