File transfer mode?

Guest blackhorse

Guest blackhorse

Anyone found a way of turning to a file transfer set up as appose to active sync

Looking at moving about 10 gig of music and movies to the phone without it taking years!!

Im still undecided if i prefer the diamond or the i900, its swings and round abouts on alot of things

Edited by blackhorse

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Well i feel silly now, if you go into settings there is an option for USB mass storage mode <_<

All the samsungs I have ( i300/ i320 / i607 / i617) can do this. It's great if you have a large memory card as well. I just wish others would implement something similar.

It's also useful for making the handset charge over USB - the blackjack series phones do not if activesync mode is selected for some reason.

M.S

Guest Mysterious Stranger
^^^^ That's useful to know, thanks.

Phone needs to be at least able to boot for it to work though. The amount of unused pins on the data cable connector you'd think they'd enable it as standard.

M.S

Guest Matt76
Well i feel silly now, if you go into settings there is an option for USB mass storage mode <_<

i'm going to be even sillier and ask where in the settings to select either the mass storage on the phone or the additional memory stick?

:D

Guest blackhorse
i'm going to be even sillier and ask where in the settings to select either the mass storage on the phone or the additional memory stick?

:D

Start->System->Connections. Usb Connection

Guest new2city

If you are lazy like me, just creat a short cut link to the file USBSetting.exe in the windows folder an assign it to a button. I did this for my HTC Wizard with Wm5storage... works great..

Guest blackhorse
If you are lazy like me, just creat a short cut link to the file USBSetting.exe in the windows folder an assign it to a button. I did this for my HTC Wizard with Wm5storage... works great..

Or even better use the samsung today screen 2