Bye bye WM

Guest chucky.egg

just thought I'd add my tuppence worth to this thread...

My 2 and a half year old managed to break my TYTN at the end of Feb. I was hoping to get a HD but couldn't justify the spend so my mrs bought me an e71 for my b'day.

I have to say it is an excellent phone. No issues what so ever and Nokia Messaging is the dangly bits as far as I am concerned.

As I'm on 3 I get 5k Skype minutes per month and it is AWESOME! proper skype application on the phone, FB, Youtube etc... I'm using Garmin XT for nav which isn't as good as Tom Tom but I can live with it. Google Maps is also very fast on this device. the aGPS is rally good.

I've got no gripes whatsoever with this... I was wary about the move away from Winmo but to be honest if you are sensible about the apps you need and will use this is a great device... I don't really see any reason to go back to a winmo device now... though I do miss it...

Maybe if there was a way to get winmo on the e71 you'd have the best phone out there...

the battery life is amazing... I find myself charging the phone 'just in case' but the damn thing can go with out for ages!

no complaints unfortuntatly but have to agree that there isn't really a strong 'community' for the e71/S60 peeps out there that I have found...

I've yet to find anyone to video call with though... I have an app which lets you take photos with the forward facing cam which is good and at least proved the thing works...

all the best

see you on the next iteration of winmo

S