Orange shipping all Omnia's to Shops

Guest bawhonk

Guest fuzzmo
Contacted them today and guess what - its not showing as being available. :wacko:

However, found this interesting news story regarding the Omnia and Orange on Mobile News: Orange and Samsung deny Omnia Shortage.

Hopefully with this bad exposure in the press they will finally get their arses in gear. ;)

Lol - nice spot. However Orange have traditionally chased new customers as a priority over current. Also the article seems a touch misleading - retail have always been fine - it's CS who are stopping it from happening! Well the Xperia is being advertised on O2 already so maybe Orange will listen once their loyal customers say bye bye!

fuzzmo, Orange use to be extremely good to existing customers and were very keen on the idea of customer retention (they even released a whole marketing campaign using TV adverts etc on the idea).

I had a very interesting conversation with a lady from retentions last thursday. She mentioned that there has been a change of management. Their current manager has only been with the company for a couple of months. She has come from Virgin (???).

The lady went on to explain that they are have been told to no longer discount the value of certain "high tier" handsets and to stop issuing credit/discounts on monthly tarrifs (expecially on high tier handsets). I argued that even their current "new customer" tarriffs were not comparable to that of competitors.

She agreed completly with me, I was even cheeky enough to ask as to the point of the retentions department if they are no longer able to offer deals better than what is currently on offer through their other supply channels (shop/normal upgrades/website etc).

She agreed again with me and mentioned that she was concerned about the future of the department and that this month she has had a record number of disconections.

A friend of mine, who has also been after an Omina with Orange rang today to discover that they didnt have stock, yet we were all told the 6th October as a stocking date. Frankly, ridiculous customer service.

If they dont get them in stock before the 10th then I will close my account. Voda do the 8GB for a very reasnoble price.

Guest fuzzmo

When I joined in 1999 their service to existing customers was shocking. So bad in fact that I had to cancel my contract and get a new one just to get a decent deal on a phone (which was advised on the sly from a CS who was leaving at the time)!!! Then from 2005 - Aug 2008 they were brilliant - really good customer service. But as you say the CS has really gone downhill since then. Am not sure what Business model this new Manager is following but to build your business you should at least keep hold of your existing customer base. No point getting new connections if your current ones are leaving in droves!!!

At the end of the day if that is the way it is going then there is no point in being loyal anymore. I guess I am old school and to me loyalty counts a hell of a lot. But in the business world today it doesn't matter one iota. It was interesting that the lovely lady I spoke to in retentions seemed resigned to me leaving and didn't really put up much of a fight - I guess I wasn't the first she had heard from that day.

At the end of the day I guess we all have to do what's best for ourselves. I have held out this long because I am playing the waiting game - waiting for the Xperia that is. But if the Xperia isn't what it is cracked up to be then I will go for an 8GB Omnia on Vodafone.... besides they do seem to have some cracking data plans and I did notice that their 3g *seemed* faster than Orange's (tested with two N95's - one on Orange, and one on Vodafone - the Vodafone handset did load websites a lot quicker - and yes, same firmware etc.). We'll see but I have freedom as I am now out of contract.... ;)

To Vodafone I must go...

Another day, another story of bullsh*t from Orange. But they really do, I mean REALLY DO, have stock of the Omnia in now as we speak. Even retentions were willing to mention that they had stock.

However, the story is not as rosy as I first thought. Retentions (I think a change of name is in order, there is simply no retaining going on) are keeping them back to those customers who really couldnt give a monkeys how much it costs them.

First things first, the Orange employee stated that

Orange: "Whichever tariff you choose, the phone will be chargeable at £199.99"

Me: "OK, even if I was to select a tarriff around £70 a month???"

Orange: "Yes I am afraid it would still be charged at £199.99"

Me: "Surely that makes no sense???? I could just walk into a store and buy one cheaper"

Orange: "Possibly so"

I ended the conversation by explaining that this "offer" was not comparable in any form to that of Vodafone/T-Mobile etc etc. I even explained the offers available from the other providers. To which she just refused to even attempt to help to sort me out a deal.

Now I know for a fact that if you sign a new deal with Orange as a new customer you can get the Omnia 16GB free on the £45+ plans. But funnily enough, on the particular plan I suggested to new customer sales AND existing customer sales, guess which one wanted another £70 for no apparent reason or benefit. Yes, you've guessed it, existing customers aka retentions.

So in effect if I had closed my account, then signed up again I could save £70. But in my oppinion their offers, even to new customers, are not comparable to those of Vodafone's. I agree that they do however match T-Mobile's. But Voda will do the 8GB for free on most of their plans.

So I've signed up today to Voda, yes it may only be the 8GB but atleast I will be saving a bit and also getting a reasnoble data bundle of 500MB. And most importantly getting the handset now and not in 6 months time.

Another retentions conversation:

Orange: "If you were to choose an alternative handset we would be able to move a little and discount things"

Me: "Okay well just for an example how about the N96"

Orange: "Sorry that is another handset we cannot discount on"

Me: "Well how come last year you discounted my tarriff by applying £15 credit to my bill every month, then you also discounted a HTC TyTn II to free of charge"

Orange: "I am sorry sir but things have changed, we are no longer able to offer deals like that"

Wow - that is really bad!!! I feel bad for you having to go through that conversation! I am angry just reading it! :lol: Well I have decided to go for an Xperia instead and will go Vodafone (even though I hear rumours that Orange will be doing the Xperia). They just do not deserve our Business - they have reverted back to where they were before when I first joined - they don't give a toss about loyalty.

Don't get me wrong - nobody has a good reputation. So it means we actually have a choice and hope we don't have to speak to CS too much.

It is sad - just a couple of weeks ago (before being told that the phone was being discontinued by retentions) the upgrade guy said that he could 'do it for £79.99 - but i'll speak to retentions and see what I can do'. In August I was offered the Diamond for £79.99 - all I said was '£79.99?' and the lady said 'Hold on' and 3 seconds later said 'Oh we can offer you it for free'.

How times change. Ah well - my brother moved to Voda a long time ago. And he told me to move as he was fed up with Orange. He was right (although i'll never admit it to him! :D )

Good Luck Helix - but have a look at the Xperia - it should be coming out next week....

Guest chrisms_cotland
Wow - that is really bad!!! I feel bad for you having to go through that conversation! I am angry just reading it! :lol: Well I have decided to go for an Xperia instead and will go Vodafone (even though I hear rumours that Orange will be doing the Xperia). They just do not deserve our Business - they have reverted back to where they were before when I first joined - they don't give a toss about loyalty.

Don't get me wrong - nobody has a good reputation. So it means we actually have a choice and hope we don't have to speak to CS too much.

It is sad - just a couple of weeks ago (before being told that the phone was being discontinued by retentions) the upgrade guy said that he could 'do it for £79.99 - but i'll speak to retentions and see what I can do'. In August I was offered the Diamond for £79.99 - all I said was '£79.99?' and the lady said 'Hold on' and 3 seconds later said 'Oh we can offer you it for free'.

How times change. Ah well - my brother moved to Voda a long time ago. And he told me to move as he was fed up with Orange. He was right (although i'll never admit it to him! :D )

Good Luck Helix - but have a look at the Xperia - it should be coming out next week....

Not encouraging to hear this, my Orange contract is due for upgrade and I've been looking at the Omnia, Bold and N96, now the Bold has been dropped its probably going to be the Omnia but I'm not willing to fork out anything more than around £50 for it when I can just jettison Orange and go elsewhere, my gf got a great deal on upgrade just a few weeks ago, I will certainly be switching if I don't get offered at least the same as my bills are around double hers monthly and I've been with Orange for 3 or 4 years now.

That said none of the other networks really take my fancy, O2 are great for my iPhone but it seems they treat non-iPhone customers differently with tariffs which are not as good for data, T-Mobile seem to be very competitive but phones seems expensive and I'm not keen on the "Pink" branding they put on everything, Vodafone I haven't been with for years but always seem fairly expensive compared to anyone else and Three are alright but I hate their branding on the phones, I liked Orange but theres no way I'm going to have my pants pulled down to stay with them.

Got my Omnia today via retentions..I was told 200 in stock at orange direct (not shops as they have there own stock)

Interesting - what Tarrif are you one and how much did you pay?

I got

omnia - free

500 xnet mobile mins

100 txt

unlimited land line

250mb

£32.50 vat inc

????? This was through an upgrade? How did you manage to pull that off? And when did you negotiate that? Sorry for the questions but seeing what Helix went through it is interesting to see whether it really is down to who you speak to....

????? This was through an upgrade? How did you manage to pull that off? And when did you negotiate that? Sorry for the questions but seeing what Helix went through it is interesting to see whether it really is down to who you speak to....

It would appear that i should have payed for the fone....

i was told by a supervisor that the fone should have been £99 she then asked me if i a refernace number for the deal offerf the day before

i said yes i had a ref number....she then said

" we have to honour it then"

so i got that deal...

I believe yes it does matter who you get...

Also knowing what BAND you are in also helps...

you are graded as a custoomer and upgrade costs depend on this band

find this out and you can bargain a little

It would appear that i should have payed for the fone....

i was told by a supervisor that the fone should have been £99 she then asked me if i a refernace number for the deal offerf the day before

i said yes i had a ref number....she then said

" we have to honour it then"

so i got that deal...

I believe yes it does matter who you get...

Also knowing what BAND you are in also helps...

you are graded as a custoomer and upgrade costs depend on this band

find this out and you can bargain a little

I see. Well I am a band 3 and 2-3 weeks back was offered the phone for £79.99 (until retentions stuck their oar in). Officially in the shops it would cost me £200 but I know the direct staff have different levels in which to judge. Well it matters not I guess - i have deceided to leave orange anyway and get the Xperia on Voda...

I see. Well I am a band 3 and 2-3 weeks back was offered the phone for £79.99 (until retentions stuck their oar in). Officially in the shops it would cost me £200 but I know the direct staff have different levels in which to judge. Well it matters not I guess - i have deceided to leave orange anyway and get the Xperia on Voda...

you will get the phone when you request your pac number...they always do.. youll see...

Guest DarkBolt

I have just come across this forum after going through the same process as most of the people on here.

Yesterday I got an email from the Orange Shop saying the Omnia was back in Stock, but it was still showing out of stock on the website. Phoned CS and they said it was out of stock! The guy I spoke to could tell I was confused and explained something about all the different sales departments etc, etc. This morning I checked the website and noticed it was back in stock on the website for new customers, but still out of stock for upgrades. Phoned CS again and they said it was not in Stock and they were unaware of it been in stock for new customers even. Requested my PAC, and gave Vodafone a call.

I bet Orange would never have been able to beat the deal that Vodafone can offer in my case anyhow, since I was probably in a low band with a £30pp contract.

Slightly infuriating that they have been handing out Omnias to other upgrade customers on the same day I was told they were out of stock!

I got

omnia - free

500 xnet mobile mins

100 txt

unlimited land line

250mb

£32.50 vat inc

Whats this a 24 month contract or something?

The problem I have is I wont sign anything other than a 12month. I like to change my phone to often.

They know they are selling like hot cakes, so they are making sure they dont let them go cheaply.

I have my Voda I900 in my hand now.

Whats this a 24 month contract or something?

The problem I have is I wont sign anything other than a 12month. I like to change my phone to often.

They know they are selling like hot cakes, so they are making sure they dont let them go cheaply.

I have my Voda I900 in my hand now.

Nope 18 month contract...