Manila 2D Ported to Omnia

Guest Omnia_1

Look here at the simple elegant skins.

Here's another thread specifically for Omnia and M2D

Here's the appliaction, currently not supporting WQVGA but reported as working.

attachment.php?attachmentid=112675&d=1221323794attachment.php?attachmentid=112717&d=1221335663

Below provided by us1111, cheers!

[b]Manilla 2d[/b] Settings to display Manilla2d right on the omnia (240x400). 

CODE<HTCHome version="3.00.0" device="OPAL" portrait="0,0,240,388" landscape="0,0,320,268">

<Property name="IDTABWG_WIDGET_RECT"				 id="0" value="0,0,240,310, 0,0,400,230" />

<Property name="IDTABWG_TAB_RECT"					id="2" value="0,297,240,51, 0,217,400,51" />

<Property name="IDMSGWG_MESSAGE_MASK_RECT"		   id="0"   value="23, 50, 195, 290" />

<Property name="IDMSGWG_MESSAGE_TXT_RECT"			id="3"  value="25, 47, 169, 240" />

To have the background also full resolution, put your own choice of wallpaper in the following file with the suggested resolution...

hh_fw_background.png (240x348)
Store images on external memory, again provided by us111
The htchomesettings.xml makes a reference to the base dir of all images:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<HTCHome version="3.00.0" device="ELFIN" portrait="0,0,240,268" landscape="0,0,320,268">

[b]<ImageList path="\Windows">[/b]

<Image index="0" name="hh_fw_background.png" />

<Image index="1" name="hh_fw_title.png" />

<Image index="2" name="hh_fw_tab_bg_fill.png" />

<Image index="3" name="hh_fw_tabbtn.png" />

<Image index="4" name="hh_fw_tabbtn_mask.png" />

XML settings for HTC Home. provided by bigba, page 3 this thread.

Edited by Omnia_1

Lets hope not for long ;) from what I've seen there's very few HTC apps that dont work on other devices.

Just a quick updated, someone managed to port it to their Samsung i780, can find it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 so the question now is if anyone wants to try it out? :wacko: Personally I think there will be problems due to the screen size.

Lets hope not for long ;) from what I've seen there's very few HTC apps that dont work on other devices.

The HTC lightsber doesn't work on the omnia :wacko:

(I know it's not actually created by HTC, but is meant for the diamond iirc)

That's about the only thing I've tried that's HTC-specific.

Gavin

Awesome, trying it now :wacko: (20MB ;)), also someone has started working on Manila 2D SPB theme for Omnia, available soon at imarche.net, hopefully.

Edited by Omnia_1

Installed, looks a bit odd as it's designed for QVGA, but it seems to work ;)

P

Hi, Paul. How did you managed to install it?

I have tried but installation of several of the files were unsuccessful.

Just went thru all the steps except Opera...

Turned it off now tho ;)

P

Where did you install the files to? Main memory/mystorage/storage card?

It crashed my Omnia and I have to do hard reset. Fortunately I have backed up all my data and managed to restore them.

Guest Michael122w
All to main memory.

I did a Sprite Backup first too :wacko:

P

Hey, you can move a lot of the gumph into the storage card/hard drive by changing the xml file (HTCHomeSettings in the windows directory). It is a really good program and I am going to load it to my old Gigabyte i300 before giving it to my mum ;)

But the screen resolution does look a bit dorky for the omnia. If we could use the full screen space it would be a great app. Oh = the other thing this misses is the ability to select your default picture directory. Also, it doesn't have the swipe left to right to change tabs. :(

post-289265-1222441981_thumb.jpg

post-289265-1222442087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michael122w

Hey, you can move a lot of the gumph into the storage card/hard drive by changing the xml file (HTCHomeSettings in the windows directory). It is a really good program and I am going to load it to my old Gigabyte i300 before giving it to my mum ;)

But the screen resolution does look a bit dorky for the omnia. If we could use the full screen space it would be a great app. Oh = the other thing this misses is the ability to select your default picture directory. Also, it doesn't have the swipe left to right to change tabs. :wacko:

Can't you fix the resolution by changing the default.xml file?

Code:

<HTCHome version="3.00.0" device="ELFIN" portrait="0,0,240,268" landscape="0,0,320,268">

<ImageList path="\Windows">

Explaination:

Version = theme skin "Version"

Device = theme for which "Device"

Portrait = size of the "Portrait" screen

Landscape = size of the "Landscape" screen

ImageList Path = path where the below mentioned images are called from for the skins

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427531

Edited by us1111

Hmm.. Doesn't work.. We have to find an Omnia skin somewhere... Furthermore I would like to install more on the memory card instead of the phone memory.. It's eating more than 13MB off the phone ram...

Guest ferrari85
Hmm.. Doesn't work.. We have to find an Omnia skin somewhere... Furthermore I would like to install more on the memory card instead of the phone memory.. It's eating more than 13MB off the phone ram...

Maybe the image needs to be resized to WQVGA as well? Really hope someone can come up with something ;) .

The dream: A cooked omnia rom with manilla 2d, streamlined and fast. Hope the day comes sooner rather than later :wacko:

I have an old Kaiser and I just stuck the latest Hyperdragon ROM on it and I was really impressed:

- Super fast boot time

- Manilla built in

- extremely fast (faster than mobile shell)

- Better video drivers

- WinCE 20753

- Excellent memory management

- Incredibly precise and senstive touch screen (although it is small)

- Many different HSDPA bands to choose from

I can't wait for Omnia to reach this level.

I used to think that the Iphone was smoth, the Omnia was fast and the Kaiser was a dog. It is pretty much reversed now.

I have an old Kaiser and I just stuck the latest Hyperdragon ROM on it and I was really impressed:

- Super fast boot time

- Manilla built in

- extremely fast (faster than mobile shell)

- Better video drivers

- WinCE 20753

- Excellent memory management

- Incredibly precise and senstive touch screen (although it is small)

- Many different HSDPA bands to choose from

I can't wait for Omnia to reach this level.

I used to think that the Iphone was smoth, the Omnia was fast and the Kaiser was a dog. It is pretty much reversed now.

huh? The touch screen on the Iphone will always be better than Omnia and Kaiser, eventhough it sux as a phone. The touch screen is not only multi touch but also has thermal sensing/sensor making it extremely responsive and accurate.

Thanks for sharing info on your old Kaiser ;)

Edited by Omnia_1

I've sampled this on a hermes handset. Its brilliant - exactly what I want on the Omina imo MUCH better than SPB as I have issues with it. - has anyone got this to work on their Omina ? or better still at WQVGA format ?
If you bothered reading the previous page you'd see that Michael has put screens up, he had it running but stated it looks strange in QVGA format.... Also he said there's no left/right gestures to move through the tabs is that true? Edited by Omnia_1

If you bothered reading the previous page you'd see that Michael has put screens up, he had it running but stated it looks strange in QVGA format.... Also he said there's no left/right gestures to move through the tabs is that true?

Manilla 2d Settings to display Manilla2d right on the omnia (240x400).

<HTCHome version="3.00.0" device="OPAL" portrait="0,0,240,388" landscape="0,0,320,268">

<Property name="IDTABWG_WIDGET_RECT"				 id="0" value="0,0,240,310, 0,0,400,230" />

<Property name="IDTABWG_TAB_RECT"					id="2" value="0,297,240,51, 0,217,400,51" />

<Property name="IDMSGWG_MESSAGE_MASK_RECT"		   id="0"   value="23, 50, 195, 290" />

<Property name="IDMSGWG_MESSAGE_TXT_RECT"			id="3"  value="25, 47, 169, 240" />

To have the background also full resolution, put your own choice of wallpaper in the following file with the suggested resolution...

hh_fw_background.png (240x348)