9 cell battery for Wind / Variants

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Damiantmc

Hey, How come asus can make a 6 Cell 6600Mah battery of standard size, yet the Wind and variants seem to have 6 Cells available that are lower capicty of only 4400 or 5600 Mah and now the 9 Cells don't have as much power as I Would expect being only 7200MaH against the even the 9 Cell 901 battery being 8800Mah . Is this something to do with a voltage difference or just the manufactures? I'd love to get myself a Wind (the Advent 4211 version) but I keep being drawn back to the 901 and thinking by the time I've upped the battery on the wind and the ssd on the 901 that the 901's still gonna win out on price as well as battery time

Any ideas?

Damian

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I like the battery, and am sorely tempted, but was kinda hoping for a 6 cell that would fit into same slot and not make it have a huge bump on the base.

Guest Damiantmc

Ok, I know the whole EEEPC vs Wind debate has been going on since they were first announced, but I want some opinions if you will.

I can get the Advent 4211 with either the Medion 5200Mah 6 Cell or this new 9 Cell battery, Or the 901 and upgrade the SSD.

Basically I plan to use it as a 2nd PC and think the 80gb of the Wind would be plenty and upgrading the SSD in the 901 to 32/64 would be enough space for me as well, So it boils down to cost vs opinion. I intend on just running standard XP as both versions come with that and I haven't really got the money to buy a licensed copy of leopard and having to change Wi-Fi cards etc. I've got the 701 now so of course am naturally drawn to the 901, but should I be considering the 4211. Prices between the 2:

Advent 4211 = Unit £252, Medion 6 Cell battery £50, Extra 1gb Ram £14

Total = £316

EEEPC 901 = Unit £270, 32GB £77.32/ 64GB £130.90

Total= £347.32/£400.90

The EEE works out a bit more expensive, but I also plan to add a internal E160 3G modem in the future and I believe the EEE would be easier to do this on as I have heard internal space is quite limited on the 4211.

Anyone know if medion have actually started shipping the 6 Cell batterys yet?

Also anyone know the comparable battery times between the 2 6 Cells just running standard stuff like and medium use?

More important what's people who are using either (or both) personal opinion on them?

I hate trying to decide on new stuff there's to much choice these days!!!

Thanks anyway

Damian

Guest mwright
I like the battery, and am sorely tempted, but was kinda hoping for a 6 cell that would fit into same slot and not make it have a huge bump on the base.

Now someone (Paul?) did say where these could be had.

I can't remember - or find it now!

Any help please?

Edited by mwright

Guest Damiantmc

Can't remember if its any bigger, I think it may be, than the original, but you can get the 6 Cells from the medion website.

Link: https://www.medionshop.co.uk/

then use the search box and enter: 40025906

there batterys for the medion but the fit all wind versions (MSI Wind, Advent 4211 etc)

Hope this helps

Damian

Guest mwright
Can't remember if its any bigger, I think it may be, than the original, but you can get the 6 Cells from the medion website.

Link: https://www.medionshop.co.uk/

then use the search box and enter: 40025906

there batterys for the medion but the fit all wind versions (MSI Wind, Advent 4211 etc)

Hope this helps

Damian

Thats the one - thanks.

Bum - they are still quoting 15 days delivery though ;)

Guest Damiantmc

yeah I didn't realise they still had a 15 day lead time on medion, and I thought I'd finally made up my mind on the advent, but if I can't get a 6 cell battery...

I NEED my netbook to be able to do a whole day, which means to me a MINIMUM of 5-6 hours preferably more so if I can't get a 6 Cell I may just pay the premium for the 901 and get the battery included, I don't need extra storage right away mainly the battery life

Damian