UPDATE #5 ONLY WORKS FOR WORLD WIDE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ROMS
UPDATE #4 FULLY WORKING
Apologies to all! Never use a rubbish W2K machine to build a ZIP file. Every file seemed to be damaged somehow. I have now hard reset my phone and tested build by downloading file and following my own instructions and it all works.
Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken 1.Manila2D_1.00_1819.2926.CAB
Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken hh_fw_background.png
I have been going through what programs are needed, not needed and programs that can be relocated and Manila 2D still work with improved memory.
04.Album_Video_fix.cab (YouTube Video Fix - YouTube App doesn't work)
11.YouTubeQVGA 1_5_1819_1531.cab (Doesn't Work)
08.Audio_Booster.cab (Don't Work)
09.Fullscreen_Player_1_05_080828_0.cab (Makes No Difference)
CAN BE INSTALLED ON LARGE INTERNAL MEMORY
12.GoogleMaps_compressed.CAB (Still needed to use Maps widget)
After doing this I was left with much improved memory running M2D :
STORAGE MEMORY : 20.46mb FREE
PROGRAM MEMORY : 46.73mb FREE
This is one of the best UI's for the Omnia to date and it runs extremely well. This is the latest M2D from herg62123 on xda-developers.
Here is my guide to getting Manila 2D working on a Samsung Omnia i900.
Landscape does not work and neither does the YouTube App.
Sorry forgot to add I have only tested this on i900DXHI3
You might want to rationalize the programs afterwards as when your done you will only have about 5mb storage memory left. I got rid of the YouTube Stuff.
I did not have any involvement in the development of the programs I have attached. Thank all the guys at XDA-Developers for their hard work.
1. Hard reset your device if you can (not compulsory but advisable)
2. Move the DiamondQVGA.tsk and Hh_fw_background.png in the "Files" folder to "My Documents" on your device
3. Go to "Settings" then "Today" and select "DiamondQVGA" theme
4. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in my documents on your device and set as "Today Background"
5. Disable any Items in the Today Settings
6. In the Manila folder install file "1". All CAB files should be installed on device main memory and not My storage.
7. After file is installed go back to "Today Items" in "Settings" and disable "TouchFlo"
8. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary
9. In the Manila folder install file "2" M2D Patch
10. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary
11. Install the rest of the files 3 to 12 in the manila folder soft resetting the device if told to by the installations. Yes you do need to install Gmaps as it wont work in the M2D maps widget.
12. You now have a choice you can skip this and go to step 13 which is easier and better or you can - Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit Omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory. Jump to step 15.
13. The best way is to ignore step 12 and install file "13" in manila folder this will give the HTC Standard Theme which is nice.
14. For the MBarvian Touchflo 3d Skin I have already edited the HTCHomeSttings.xml to suit the omnia resolution. Move ._HTCHomeSttings.xml, HTCHomeSttings.xml and hh_fw_background.png from the manila/files folder to the windows folder of your device.
15. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary
16. When the device starts go to "settings" then "today" then "items" and enable "TouchFlo"
17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.
18. That should be it!
Here are the files.
Paul you might want to mediafire the file as some people have trouble with rapidshare
Edited by robf80, 08 October 2008 - 05:00 PM.