GPS - FOR CYPRUS

Guest delpiero

Guest Athos K.
Well i am from cyprus and i am just wondering how can i find maps to download.

Any help will appreciate. :lol:

What software are you using?

There are maps for Cyprus for:

Destinator 7

Igo8

Pocket Navigator 7

Guest delpiero
What software are you using?

There are maps for Cyprus for:

Destinator 7

Igo8

Pocket Navigator 7

Well first i need to say that i am using BLACKJACK 2

and the software i am testing is Garmin XT

Edited by delpiero

Guest Yunabeco

I've been looking for them too (I became pissed when I discovered that TomTom didn't have them).

I now use Nav n Go iGO 8, which has Cyprus maps for both north and south parts (north side doesn't have most street names), though it is part of the Greece set of maps.

Works fine in full screen with my Samsung i900 Omnia (WQVGA -240x400), I guess it works for the Blackjack II too.

If you don't want the maps for the whole Europe (Cyprus only), you may want to check here.

Edited by Yunabeco

Guest Stuart_f

Destinator's English translation of Greek names isn't brilliant. Even the native Greek speakers I work with have trouble finding street names in the software sometimes.

It's handling of roundabouts is also pretty poor, it's fairly common to find it telling you to take the 3rd exit when it's actually the second and it's counting on-ramps a exits - it doesn't always do this though so you've really got to beware. The roundabout on the motorway leading to Larnaca airport is a prime example. There's even one up near the border at Ayios Nikolaos where it wants you to go around the roundabout anti-clockwise!

Didn't realise IGO had Cyprus maps, I'll give those a go.