Keyboard with Tomtom 6

Guest JimDerDog

Guest JimDerDog

Hi

Got tomtom working fine apart from one point - if I slide open the keyboard, it will only type A whichever key I press. Anyone else come across this? If so, any suggestions for curing the problem? I suspect it will be a full reload of Tomtom which means finding the CD at the back of the cupboard somewhere...

Cheers

Jimderdog

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JimDerDog

Hi again

In the absence of any suggestions, I dug out my TTN6 cd and reloaded it onto the storage card. Net result of all this activity? No change, every key on the keyboard just types "A".

I appreciate that a number of people are running various versions of TTN7, but am I the only one using TTN6 who has faced this problem? or am I just the only one running TTN6?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jimderdog

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bibbleq

Hi again

In the absence of any suggestions, I dug out my TTN6 cd and reloaded it onto the storage card. Net result of all this activity? No change, every key on the keyboard just types "A".

I appreciate that a number of people are running various versions of TTN7, but am I the only one using TTN6 who has faced this problem? or am I just the only one running TTN6?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jimderdog

Hi,

It works fine on mine with TT7. I've disabled the HTC keyboard handler and am just using a standard hardware driver (cant remember specifically what i changed but it was just a registry setting found on another forum). It disabled the stupid word complete and auto-fill stuff as well, the only downside is the £ and Euro symbols dont work.