Who is gonna get one?

Guest Zim

Well its out in 10 days...be interested to find out how many of you guys are looking to get one?

My t-mobile upgrade comes in just over a month.. so looks like i am gonna pick one up as my second phone.. love my iPhone too much to be my main phone..

anyway who else is gonna get one?

Zim

Guest acbanks
Well looks like just the two of us planning to get one...lol..

bring on oct 30..

*Grumbles*

I shoulda already had mine... but I guess it's coming in a day or so

sigh.

Guest echoes35

I just got my G1. I'm currently unboxing it and it looks much better than the pictures on the internet.

Will post again after I finish all setup an using it.

Guest echoes35

I was not able to use the G1 yesterday when I got it. Found out that the problem was since the release date was set for today 10/22, the data services would not be released until then.

The G1 is now working and its the best T-Mobile has come out with as of today.

The browser is working very good and google maps with compass is awsome!!!!!

I put in my SD card with all my music and the sound is very good. I'm waiting for my 8gb SD so I can start downloading apps to use.

Guest Ghost_1

I drove an hour or so to pick mine up yesterday. Apparently in the US only the markets with active 3G got G1's. Luckily the store I went to yesterday was the only one to get any in my area. It was as easy as walking waiting three seconds and buying the phone outright. MY plan increased $10 with insurance and I've been messing with the phone for the last day or so.

Initial impressions:

UI is faster then most WM phones I've owned, but still not as responsive as the Iphone UI. Hoever I have not taken off the screen protector, I'm waiting for one from here -> https://www.zagg.com/ Hopefully the screen will become more responsive.

there is a slight learning curve. If you're like me and adept at figuring things out without a manual it shouldn't take more then ten minutes to figure things out. You just need to mess with it.

I still feel like it's not as "open" as the WM platform, mainly due to being such a new OS I don't have access to things like File explorer and the like.

The build quality was better on my JAM and TYTN II. My screen creaks when I press in the bottom right hand corner and the screen is much like the Diamond but I'm still a fan of the Iphone screen.

Otherwise this phone is much better then my TYTN II. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just got my while G1 today, coming from an iPhone, this is actually a really good.... phone build is a lil cluncky but the OS does a really good job.. but it really lacks an on screen keyboard.. the market place apps are good.. quick easy installs.. really impressed by it..

Zim

• 7 months later...
Guest ratcom

I traded my iphone 2g in for a 2 week old Black G1 on monday and I'm loving it! After many many years with windows mobile I finally cracked about 3 months ago and I became bored of my current phone the experia. There only so many flashing and reflash you can do and Id always end up running touchflo anyway! As for the iphone ...... bloody good phone... no sorry good ipod/handheld games console, its very good good at what its does but it does'nt do much really even after jailbreaking. Then came along HTC sence, this answered all my prays! Good solid os which as customized user interface to me getting bored! So here I am with my G1 complete with hero skin (not port of rom) and I'm loving it already! I can only complain that the "rooting" and flash process is very poor compaired to flashing the old windows phones. Anyway now I'm here I'm here to stay!