Navigon 7 on Omnia

Guest djschumi

Guest djschumi

Has anyone tried Navigon 7 on Omnia? I know that Garmin and TomTom are working just fine but I'm not so sure for navigon. The problem could be screen resolution and rotating it. So anyone?

Has anyone tried Navigon 7 on Omnia? I know that Garmin and TomTom are working just fine but I'm not so sure for navigon. The problem could be screen resolution and rotating it. So anyone?

I had been trying to get it to work but no suceesss...try several version.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cla.Fio
It is working on my omnia

Are many days that I try without a result. Problem is resolution.

Can you send me or link your files underlist?

BinaryConfig.xml

CacheConfig.xml

MobileNavigator.res

ApplicationSetting.xml

Thank you

Claudio

Guest Mrhoffmann

I only changed BinaryConfig and CacheConfig

But i uploaded BinaryConfig.xml, CacheConfig.xml, MobileNavigator.res and ApplicationSetting.xml in a winrar file.

I hope this wil work.

For GPS you need GPSProxy.

Files.rar

Edited by Mrhoffmann

Guest Cla.Fio
Unfortunately it's not working. It's thinking for a couple of seconds and then exiting back to system...

On my OMNIA with Mrhoffmann files there's a right view menu (at 240x400 or 400x240 res) but many commands don't go. For example, in first menu, I touch OPTIONS; appear menu options and if I touch SETTINGS nothing happen (and so other commands).

This night will try some test

Thank you Mrhoffmann

• 3 weeks later...
BinaryDialogFilenames.xml

Thanks! It really working, but it doesn't in landscape mode. The reality mode is only in landscape (as I can). Do you have an idea for this?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Soother

Hey Mrhoffmann!

Does Navigon on your Omnia working smoothly without interruptions? I copied your files and its working now, but the navigation isnt smooth....somethimes it just stops and go nowhere...the satelites are OK, everything else is OK, just this damn stopping/braking....

Edited by Soother

• 2 weeks later...

To me, the Navigon (7.30 RC 1.27) on Omnia in navigation runs very strangely not showing signs nor km missing to destination but only the altitude and speed, does not even see the next street but only one in which I am at that time (both in demo at sea). The GPS takes good (something strange). The only thing that seems correct is that the way to go is orange. No one runs like this?

Guest stef_24
TomTom works? which version? And does it support US maps?

That version is 7.910 and working with some 8.xxx version maps. But you have to use GPSGate 2.6 to make a virtuall GPS port for TT

Guest dwallersv
That version is 7.910 and working with some 8.xxx version maps. But you have to use GPSGate 2.6 to make a virtuall GPS port for TT

Thanks for the details!

I have v6 that I bought as a specific custom bundle for the Treo 750... It will run on the Omnia, only in landscape mode (crashes in portrait), but doesn't handle the 400 pixel screen width gracefully -- uses about 2/3 of the horizontal, then simple repeats the pixels.

I can live with this as an interim solution, but I haven't been able to get it to see my external GPS, which is set up and works fine with Google Maps.

I'll give GPSGate a try and see if that'll hook everything together. I'm looking forward to actual Omnia US support from TomTom...

Guest stef_24
Thanks! It really working, but it doesn't in landscape mode. The reality mode is only in landscape (as I can). Do you have an idea for this?

thanks

I've solve this problem very easly :) If you want to use it in landscape mode just turn ur mobile from vertical to horizontal position and let sensor to change screen position to requaired position. then just start ur application and DONE :D I've hope I did help u :):)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Sweden and i wonder how i could get the Swedish language to work. You guys made the program work so maybe you know what I'm gonna do to select the Swedish language instead of just the English and German languages. Seems that the languages files is there, but it doesn't show up on the language selection. :)

Edited by zoNNi

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mazaka

hello all,

I am trying to have navigon work on my samsung omnia, but it aint start :( I did replace all files provided by mrhoffman...but the result is still the same. everytime I click on the icon...nothing happends...can someone tell me why and advise me what to do? I need that working until this weekend, as I want to test it.

thanks everyone in advance,

regards,

MaZaKa

• 1 year later...
Guest ZoXoR

What are you guys GPS Settings for Navigon 7 ?

I'm testing these settings at the moment:

Wrong settings:

<GPS>

<Type>1</Type>

<GPSPort>3</GPSPort>

<Baudrate>9600</Baudrate>

<DRVPrefix></DRVPrefix>

</GPS>
But they don't seem to work... You can find these settings in Settings\UserSettings.xml EDIT : Aha! I found it! I had to use these settings Good settings:
	<GPS>

<Type>1</Type>

<GPSPort>2</GPSPort>

<Baudrate>4800</Baudrate>

<DRVPrefix></DRVPrefix>

</GPS>

The GPSPort was defined by GPSModDriver (something that helps you with connecting your omnia GPS to your GPS Application (TomTom, Navigon, etc.) ).

When I reinstalled GPSModDriver, it said that I had to use Port 2, but sometimes you will get port 0, 3 or 9. It depends... You'll have to see for yourself.

Edited by ZoXoR

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lion67

Hi dear can any body tell me which version exactly was able to run on samsung i900

because i have tried more then three different versions with mdoified files in this post but no luck

if somebody can post download link for working version

Thanks in advance