TV out cable - How to make it

Guest alinez

Guest guardm
here's a close-up of the connector's indicator icons....

This is the standard headset/ear bud connector (not sure if it is 2.5 or 3.5; I did not even try it)

post-462165-1231200607_thumb.jpg

Edited by guardm

Guest guardm
This is the standard headset/ear bud connector (not sure if it is 2.5 or 3.5; I did not even try it)

This is the connector for TV OUT (which is also the proprietary head phone out but will not do both simultaneously)).....

post-462165-1231200678_thumb.jpg

Edited by guardm

Guest guardm
This is the connector for TV OUT (which is also the proprietary head phone out but will not do both simultaneously)).....

and lastly this is the Charger port/USB (either or but not simultaneous)

post-462165-1231200960_thumb.jpg

Guest guardm

Please note:

I was not able to find official specs but I can tell all of the readers of this post that I have tried this cable and it did play video to my 36" flat screen AND shows with DECENT picture quality (definitely not HD or even DVD). I used it in my vehicle 7" screen with VERY GOOD quality for a period of time with no loss of battery charge (stayed at 100%). I did not test to see if the standard head set jack works simultaneously, or if it even works at all, nor what size the connector is (since I don't normally use this jack).

This adapter fits my needs so I am very happy to have found it.....

Also, the box area that contains all the ports snaps open easily and all the wires (20 solder connections) are easily accessible and will be part of my next attempt for improvement.....extending the wire between the connector and the multi port box to ease my own application which will be permanently installed in the car for ipod-like use.

Good luck with this connector .....

see my earlier post for info on where I found it.

Guest sabestian

Oh....Has anyone seen this splitter available in Europe? I have been looking for one just like this for ages!!!

Edit: guardm, check the size of the earphone connector, pretty please...

Edited by sabestian

Guest guardm
Oh....Has anyone seen this splitter available in Europe? I have been looking for one just like this for ages!!!

You might try going to the website I posted to see if they can ship to you. Also the earphone jack appears to be 2.5. I tried my "skull candy" jack and it is bigger than the supplied jack so I assume it's 2.5.

ERROR CORRECTED jack appears to be 3.5

Edited by guardm

Guest guardm
YES!!!

This is the same cable according the description and the main picture, but here you see on the additional detail picture that it works exactly as I thought! The miniUSB is in the "box", next to the 3.5mm audio jack... perfect!

I am ordering (at the other site... cheaper :rolleyes: ) ... will report out when I get it.

Did this cable work? Seems a little better than what I found since it already has the TV OUT connectors included and uses a NON-proprietary USB charger. If it works, this would be a great find for the Euro market.

BTW, I am trying to get better information on how to get the adapter from Verizon (currently shipping from Texas, USA) to the Euro users.

Guest Geronymous
here's a pic of the cable

Maybe I am missing the point, but what is the advantage of this cable (the one posted in several pictures above) compared to this one, which was mentioned in the previous page of this same thread?:

http://cgi.ebay.it/TV-Video-Out-Cable-for-...p3286.m63.l1177

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Samsung-SGH-i900-Omn...A1%7C240%3A1318

Isn't this one already providing everything all-in-one?

EDIT: I see that guardm already asks the same question... I will report out once I get it and test it.

Edited by Geronymous

Guest guardm
Maybe I am missing the point, but what is the advantage of this cable (the one posted in several pictures above) compared to this one, which was mentioned in the previous page of this same thread?:

EDIT: I see that guardm already asks the same question... I will report out once I get it and test it.

so far the only real advantages with the cable in the pictures I posted is that it is made by the OEM (won't void any warranties) and has been tested by me and proven to work with my Omnia......as I noted, the other cable (from eBay) seems the better value for the money since there is no need to buy the additional TV OUT cable separately. If you ordered the other cable please do post your results so that others may benefit from your findings as well. Hell, I think I may want one of the other cables if it works.

Guest sabestian

Some of us already have TV-out cable (without charging capabilities) so they can just plug it in line. And this splitter, being a splitter, can act as...a splitter. :rolleyes: Or a jack adapter. It's small and universal.

Guest Bouvrie
I just received a package with the part that WORKS!!! I got it in the US after searching for weeks, AT THE LOCAL MALL. I stopped a the Verizon kiosk in our local mall and ordered their part #SAM20CONMULTI and it works perfectly to view video and charge simultaneously. It cost 19.99 plus 1.40 tax with free FEDEX shipping to my door. I got it in three days. So US users, HERE IT IS!!!!

Just to be positively clear about this: you have an Omnia i900, and NOT an Omnia i910, and the part works? I'm asking this because the Samsung Online Shop explicitly mentions their AAET554CBE S20-Pin Multi-Adapter is for the Omnia SCH-i910.

Having said that, your photo does look a lot like the AAET554CBE S20-Pin Multi-Adapter, I just assume that #SAM20CONMULTI is some internal Verizon identifier, rather than the Samsung one. :)

PS, I've also read reports about there being a difference between S20-pin and M20-pin, which indicate that the Omnia would require the S20-pin. This would also match your part with that AAET554CBE Samsung part. I'd say consider yourself lucky you got one, as the online Samsung store has been out of stock on that part for several months... :D

Oh and for the record, I have an Omnia i900, with TVOut cable. And I'm a Euro user too. That predicament sucks. :(

Also the earphone jack appears to be 2.5. I tried my "skull candy" jack and it is bigger than the supplied jack so I assume it's 2.5.

Actually, that same Samsung shop mentions:

The SAMSUNG S20-Pin Multi Adapter allows you to connect your headsets, chargers, & data cable to your SAMSUNG compatible mobile phone at the same time. The 4" adapter also gives you additional options for 3.5mm stereo headsets to allow you to listen to your tunes with or without external speakers.

So, I'm assuming it's 3.5mm. :rolleyes:

Finally, another question: would the FM Radio work with just this adapted plugged in? Or does it still require a headphone? If not, then it'd be cool to finally being able to listen to the radio without headphones on. :(

Edited by Bouvrie

Just to be positively clear about this: you have an Omnia i900, and NOT an Omnia i910, and the part works? I'm asking this because the Samsung Online Shop explicitly mentions their AAET554CBE S20-Pin Multi-Adapter is for the Omnia SCH-i910.

Having said that, your photo does look a lot like the AAET554CBE S20-Pin Multi-Adapter, I just assume that #SAM20CONMULTI is some internal Verizon identifier, rather than the Samsung one. :D

PS, I've also read reports about there being a difference between S20-pin and M20-pin, which indicate that the Omnia would require the S20-pin. This would also match your part with that AAET554CBE Samsung part. I'd say consider yourself lucky you got one, as the online Samsung store has been out of stock on that part for several months... :P

Oh and for the record, I have an Omnia i900, with TVOut cable. And I'm a Euro user too. That predicament sucks. :)

Actually, that same Samsung shop mentions:

So, I'm assuming it's 3.5mm. :)

Finally, another question: would the FM Radio work with just this adapted plugged in? Or does it still require a headphone? If not, then it'd be cool to finally being able to listen to the radio without headphones on. ;)

I can positively, 100% confirm that I have the i900 and NOT the i910. My device came in a box that was labeled "player addict" and came with a French manual but is a i900. Feel free to search it out. I am not sure the Samsung part AAET554CBE is the same part but could be. I was not able to confirm this although it does appear to be the same part. However it has been out of stock with samsung for some time like you mentioned. There is a definite difference between the S20 and M20 connectors. The first part I ordered was AAET254CBE and had the wrong connector so don't make the same mistake.

As far as the FM radio, I believe you still need the FM adapter and headphones since the headphone is the antennae...I'm not totally sure but will check it to confirm.

What I may do is buy a few of these US pieces and offer them to readers of this forum for whatever they cost plus shipping (if it doesn't violate any forum rules). However I will not guarantee any user issues. I can only report what has worked for me personnally and you can make your own decisions. Are group buy postings legal on this site?

Edited by guardm

Hey Geronymous,

Did you order this cable? Did it work? Please post your results. So far my find is the treasure we have all been looking for.

Guest Geronymous
Hey Geronymous,

Did you order this cable? Did it work? Please post your results. So far my find is the treasure we have all been looking for.

Hi, I ordered it on Jan 1, but have not received it yet... will check... :)

Guest dwallersv

Dude, you're high (can I have some? :) )

That cable came with the phone, and has nothing in particular to do with the TV cable.

It's simply the multiport cable that allows you to hook up multiple items (charger, headset, data) to the Omnia simultaneously.

If this is what you bought, you got jacked. There's already one in the box with your Verizon Omnia.

EDIT: Never mind... saw in a later post that you have a Euro 900, not a Verizon 910.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest dwallersv
Finally, another question: would the FM Radio work with just this adapted plugged in? Or does it still require a headphone? If not, then it'd be cool to finally being able to listen to the radio without headphones on. :)

No, at least not the warez packed with the 910. That exact adapter (except, the headphone jack is 2.5mm) and the standard direct-plug headset adapter (with a 3.5mm adapter) are shipped with the Verizon 910.

Radio works like a charm via the headset adapter directly. Plug the universal adapter in, though, and then the headset adapter into that, and all you get is static... no antenna pass-through, apparently.

Dude, you're high (can I have some? :) )

That cable came with the phone, and has nothing in particular to do with the TV cable.

It's simply the multiport cable that allows you to hook up multiple items (charger, headset, data) to the Omnia simultaneously.

If this is what you bought, you got jacked. There's already one in the box with your Verizon Omnia.

EDIT: Never mind... saw in a later post that you have a Euro 900, not a Verizon 910.

How's the leather taste or are you wearing canvas. LOL Apology accepted : /

No, at least not the warez packed with the 910. That exact adapter (except, the headphone jack is 2.5mm) and the standard direct-plug headset adapter (with a 3.5mm adapter) are shipped with the Verizon 910.

Radio works like a charm via the headset adapter directly. Plug the universal adapter in, though, and then the headset adapter into that, and all you get is static... no antenna pass-through, apparently.

This is the same result I got with the connector that DIDN'T come with my non-verizon phone. Thanks for your input.... and sorry for the little egging (but I couldn't resist).

TRUCE, I come in peace.

BTW do you have any way of getting/supplying these adapters to the Euro market? I got mine in the US from Verizon. Many Euro users are trying to get them. Mine was shipped from Texas.

Guest Geronymous
Hi, I ordered it on Jan 1, but have not received it yet... will check... :D

Bad news... this is the reply I got (very quickly by the way, so in that sense good service :) ):

sorry for bringing you the inconvinience, we found there is a problem in the AV cable while in the testing. We will send you another new one days later.thanks

So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer... :)

Bad news... this is the reply I got (very quickly by the way, so in that sense good service :D ):

sorry for bringing you the inconvinience, we found there is a problem in the AV cable while in the testing. We will send you another new one days later.thanks

So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer... :)

thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on this issue.