Official HJ1 ROM on Samsung promotion site

Guest vlodek

No option for the uk either. Depending on the country you choose, the rom name changes.Seeing as the rom is operator dependant, I dont want to risk applying the wrong one. I have a Vodafone branded omnia , and would like to get back some of the functionality that has been removed by them.

hmmm

1) what is new with this ROM update?

2) when is the UK release?

3) you are better to use a "clean" official ROM from the manufacturer than a branded one. why? performance improvements and non of that junk that providers put in! However, it is subject to warrenty on the device/carrier

How can you see that these are operator dependant ROMs? I have found the following files for Singapore and Italy respectively:

i900DZHJ1_updater_vista.exe

i900XIHJ3_updater_vista.zip

Are you sure that these are operator dependant ROMs? They have only country + date + numbering in the name.

Guest bobobird

Yes modem driver not included with download, but the instructions below do mention need for those drivers.

For those who dont want Chinese as in DZ, get the Phillipines one which is DX

Guest pdaphonemaster

Has anyone tried this official HJ1 rom?

I have gone from Secany's HJ1 to HJ6 and back to HJ1 due to constant gwes.exe errors on the HJ6.

Will there be any difference between Secany's DXHJ1 and official DXHJ1? I wonder...

Has anyone tried this official HJ1 rom?

I have gone from Secany's HJ1 to HJ6 and back to HJ1 due to constant gwes.exe errors on the HJ6.

Will there be any difference between Secany's DXHJ1 and official DXHJ1? I wonder...

I downloaded this updater for winxp but incorrect software vesrion error occurs; i am running on DTHJ6; setting the incorrect version check also fails to get rid of this error on running the update.

Guest Aroboy II

Which is the latest ROM software? DXHI3 or ZHJ1?

Also how about battery life? Cos DXHI3 is having quite long battery life.

Edited by Aroboy II

Can somebody explain why in part of the options the modem driver

is omitted ? Also omitted from the detailed instructions. And why the

updater filesize for Vista is about 150MB while for XP about 100MB ?

I downloaded this updater for winxp but incorrect software vesrion error occurs; i am running on DTHJ6; setting the incorrect version check also fails to get rid of this error on running the update.

Hello

Edit you updater with a hexadecimal editor :

http://www.hexworkshop.com/

When you open your updater with hex editor, in right, you see many code, go to bottom, and you see "DU" and your rom code updater ( example, for rom DZHJ1, you see AE ) change in your rom actually in you phone ( example, if you have in your phone a DTHJ6 rom , change DZ in DT )

And go up ( slowy, no to top ) and you see i900.. ( for DTHJ6, you see i900DT ), change i900DT to i900DZ

And final, go to file, save as, et save as in name you choose ( example updatermodified.exe )

Sorry for my english but I am french ...

Anyone tried extracting the Vista ROM package and then using the i900xx.exe to make a vista compatible package?

Yes indeed, it would be very nice to have the same type of updater for Vista with custom ROMs as well.

To the above question regarding missing modem driver from new official updater packages: I have tried to run Italian HJ3 updater under Vista SP1 and it has found my Omnia immediately. Of course there was an "Incorrect software version" message, but otherwise it seemed to operate fully OK.

Edited by erdoke

Tried to install the official dzhj1, but no success, incorrect software version,

i'm on DTHJ6/M2D02,

tried the 'Incorrect Software Version' fix, but no success

Edited by dono

Just read this from the Vodafone forums, a guy got this reply from samsung.

"In response to your query regarding your I900, a rom update for the UK

I900 is not yet officially available. This should however be available

within the next two weeks, please keep an eye on this website for

details:

Upgrading your rom using Samsungs official method will not invalidate

your warranty."

Looks unclear as to whether Voda will let you do it without invalidating warranty because it would get rid of their branding.

Guest arnelm2002

installed the DXHJ1, seems everything is the same. just some bug fixes i think. Wifi now is ok unlike before it find it hard to connect and memory of the WEP key is always being ask on the DXHH1.

Guest pdaphonemaster
installed the DXHJ1, seems everything is the same. just some bug fixes i think. Wifi now is ok unlike before it find it hard to connect and memory of the WEP key is always being ask on the DXHH1.

Which rom version did you have before this upgrade?

hi... :lol: :D ;) :o :P

my rom version is PHONE-i900DXHG3/DXHG3.PDA-DXHG3

I HAVE ORIGINAL USB CABLE+ XP PRO WID SERVICE PACK2+ACTIVE SYNC4.5+SAMSUNG MODEM DRIVER

i tried DXHJ1 version..TRIED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS.reset da device...n also restartd...but still CANT see my phone on start...i also tried doin dis...official singapore rom i900AEHH2 version ...bt its sayin incorrect version...I TRIED THIS ALSO(BELOW)>>>>>

>>>>>

(if you get 'Incorrect Software Version' when trying to update, here's the fix)

* Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

* With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

* Select 'Preconfiguration'

* Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

* Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

but above instructions didnt work on ma phone...it dieled like a number...didnt open any system setting....wat 2 do....?????

PLEASE HELP ME ...I'VE GONE MAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thnxxxx IN ADVANCE(U CAN PM ME ALSO) :P :D :D :D :D

Guest 2gbuser
yes, anybody installed DXHJ1? without the modem driver.

I have just updated my Omnia with DXHJ1 using Vista without the modem driver. Everything went well. The last update of DXHH3 had problems with installation on Vista.

I noticed improvement in the response time of the touch screen. And most especially, my GPS works!