Changing programbuttons in M2D

Guest Vortex

Hello,

I've got M2D running on my omnia for some time now. I installed iContact next to it, and everything works perfectly. On the people widget, when I press on 'all people' iContact opens automatically which is great. Now am I wondering: is it possible to change the destination of the call history button on the home widget tab? I want iContact's call history to pop up when I press this button, instead of the default call history dialog which pops up. Does anyone know if this is possible and how I can change it?

Thnx in advance

Hello,

I've got M2D running on my omnia for some time now. I installed iContact next to it, and everything works perfectly. On the people widget, when I press on 'all people' iContact opens automatically which is great. Now am I wondering: is it possible to change the destination of the call history button on the home widget tab? I want iContact's call history to pop up when I press this button, instead of the default call history dialog which pops up. Does anyone know if this is possible and how I can change it?

Thnx in advance

See: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=930567

Thank you very much! Did everything you said and works like a charm! Couldn't be more happier:D Now im gonna look for the next thing I want to change :lol::D

I'm using iContactBE 6.4d Release Candidate 1

There is the new release BE 6.4 final version.

Original iContacts cause problems to Settings.

Newer MD2C is able to change softkeys! :lol:

Guys, for changing the program buttons for calendar.exe I do have no chance to do that, always "access denied". I tried with Resco, to copy and overwrite, just rename, also tried to change the attribute settings etc. but nothing seems to work. I want to change to thumbcal instead of the windows calendar. How did you made this work? Any workaround?

I saw the Information from Sector ....

rename the original /windows/calendar.exe to calendar_.exe (Probably won't work in rom)

rename first and overwrite the run.exe to /windows/calendar.exe (Accept the warning from resco)

create a file "/windows/calendar.run" (alongside the custom calendar.exe) with the following line:

CODE

/My Storage/Program Files/Thumbcal,-va

The .run file contains only one line which is divided by a comma.. First element is the executable and after the ',' come the arguments. If the .run file in the rom will be editable, we can ourselves choose our applications to be started by manilla...Also in the original rom, you can overwrite the .exe with (for example) resco explorer..

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guys, for changing the program buttons for calendar.exe I do have no chance to do that, always "access denied". I tried with Resco, to copy and overwrite, just rename, also tried to change the attribute settings etc. but nothing seems to work. I want to change to thumbcal instead of the windows calendar. How did you made this work? Any workaround?

I saw the Information from Sector ....

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Copy calendar.exe from your \Windows to your Computer Desktop (xp\vista) and save it somewhere so in case u mess up and u want to replace it later :lol:.

Download to your pc (winxp\vista) the run.exe from us1111 proggie. Create a file called "calendar.run". You can do this by opening Notepad in ur winxp/vista.

Write in notepad this: \My Storage\Program Files\Thumbcal,-va.

Then go "Save As..." and save it like this with the quotes: "calendar.run" ( include " " around the name).

Rename run.exe to calendar.exe. Copy both (the renamed calendar.exe and calendar.run) to \My Storage\.

Open Resco and move/copy both to \Windows\. You will be prompt for overwrite so do it!

I hope this helped.

Thanks Sector. Still not work, cannot even copy the original "calendar.exe" from /windows to any other folder.

Anyhow I followed your steps and tried then to copy/move the 2 files from my storage to the /windows folder, I was prompted twice, I confirmed and then the message appeared:

Action failed. Cannot copy file ´calendar.exe´. The file already exists. Pres "yes" to continue.

Which of course I did but the file never changed. I rebooted but nothing.

Is it possible to somehow change the security settings in Windows or something like that, so I can overwrite the file. Very strange though, I can't even copy the calendar.exe out of /windows.

i think if u follow my instructions carefully you wont make a mess, so u dont need to copy it to ur pc.

just skip that step and everything will be ok :lol:.

sector, I did follow all your steps without copy the calendar.exe to my pc but as mentioned above, I cannot overwrite the calendar.exe with the new one.

I really followed your step 100% and went thru it more than only one time but I can't overwrite the original calendar.exe with Resco Explorer with the renamed calendar.exe.

Sorry but maybe I must somehow change some settings in the windows attributes or whatever to overwrite the calendar.exe in the rom.

This is not the most important thing but would have been nice of course, if I can go directly to thumbcal from the Homescreen.

Thank you anyway.

Guest anthon_da_great

thanks for this infos..i have additional question, which file has to be overwrite to change the default messaging apps to a third party apps like vito chat-sms..thanks!

thanks for this infos..i have additional question, which file has to be overwrite to change the default messaging apps to a third party apps like vito chat-sms..thanks!

As far as i tried i was unable to do that. It is tmail.exe located in \Windows\

Some files are unable to overwrite.

Im sorry. Maybe try the VJBrisk program it is almost the same procedure.

Tried both way, nothing worked until .... I installed Total Commander and I could easily overwrite the calendar.exe (did not work with Resco Explorer), so everybody which may have the same issue can try it with Total Commander.

Thanks again Sector for you support here. Really great work!

Here is the link to Total Commander

it is just not so fingertouch friendly like Resco.