New T-Mo ROM Imminent?!

Guest Jasonkruys

Guest Jasonkruys

Is there a known, new, T-Mo ROM imminent? Reason I ask, is because I have just received my Victor back from HTC for repair, and it has what appears to be a 1.93-based T-Mo ROM on it, with Radio 1.0.25.16.....

Edited by Jasonkruys

Guest Jasonkruys
About flipping time! If it weren't for the crap performance, and crap battery life with the current T-Mobile ROM, I'd probably stick with it.

Well I can't comment on battery life yet, I have only been using it for half of today since I got it back, but performance is certainly improved. I think I am going to run with this for a little while and see how I get on, before I flash something else...

Just can't get used to the pink!

Guest andybarker

I updated mine to some cooked radio and roms - much better. I stuck with the fairly standard ones (HTC plus a few bits), and am rather happy with my device.

Guest Jasonkruys
This is already available for download on the Czech T-Mobile site here:

http://t-mobile.cz/Web/Residential/T-Mobil...ileMdaCompactIv

Anyone got any ideas when T-Mob UK will release this?

Imminently I suspect, as I presume I have the UK-version of the ROM you linked to, or WWE version. The rom you have linked to is 1.93.113.2, the ROM on my device is 1.93.110.3 - I presume the difference in the numbering is locale or language?

Guest FatBloke23

Just got my MDA Compact IV back from the T-Mobile shop -- I'd returned it a fortnight ago with dead WiFi and Bluetooth.

Well, they've put in a new system board...and it's showing ROM 1.93.110.3 WWE with radio 1.00.25.16.

Unfortunately, it's running reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy sloooooooowwwwllllllyyyyyy. I'll try a different ROM (what's good at the moment?) over the weekend, but I'm pretty surprised the stock "new" T-Mob one's so rubbish.

Guest tmohammad

I sent T-Mobile UK an email query via their web site asking when the new ROM was likely to be available in the UK (As its already available in Germany and Czechslovakia). They replied saying that there will be no ROM update!!

Edited by tmohammad

Guest Jasonkruys
Just got my MDA Compact IV back from the T-Mobile shop -- I'd returned it a fortnight ago with dead WiFi and Bluetooth.

Well, they've put in a new system board...and it's showing ROM 1.93.110.3 WWE with radio 1.00.25.16.

Unfortunately, it's running reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy sloooooooowwwwllllllyyyyyy. I'll try a different ROM (what's good at the moment?) over the weekend, but I'm pretty surprised the stock "new" T-Mob one's so rubbish.

To be honest, it's all personal preference. I like Dutty's ROM's which can be obtained over at XDA-Developers. That same T-Mob rom on my device was pretty good, a vast improvement over the old version...it might be worth letting it bed-in for a few days, although it will still be horribly pink!

Guest lobsterdave

I've only had my MDA Compact IV for a month and am very impressed with it so far, it came with the 1.37 rom and i've been holding out hoping that T-Mobile UK would release an official update. It seems, based on what i've read of past history, i may be in for a long wait!! I haven't seen a 1.93 based rom in action so im not really sure what im missing out on to take the plunge and go for a cooked rom. B)

Guest FatBloke23
I've only had my MDA Compact IV for a month and am very impressed with it so far, it came with the 1.37 rom and i've been holding out hoping that T-Mobile UK would release an official update. It seems, based on what i've read of past history, i may be in for a long wait!! I haven't seen a 1.93 based rom in action so im not really sure what im missing out on to take the plunge and go for a cooked rom. B)

You could always just upgrade to the UK 1.93 ROM. Haven't got time now, but you'll find it if you search XDA-Developers hard enough. I know I got it from there.

Guest FatBloke23
To be honest, it's all personal preference. I like Dutty's ROM's which can be obtained over at XDA-Developers. That same T-Mob rom on my device was pretty good, a vast improvement over the old version...it might be worth letting it bed-in for a few days, although it will still be horribly pink!

Cheers. Had a previous evolution of Dutty's on there for a while before repair.

It seems a bit quicker now it's bedded in...but it's still not exactly lightning-fast. And it's still that really attractive shade of pink.

Guest Hung Khuat
Is there a known, new, T-Mo ROM imminent? Reason I ask, is because I have just received my Victor back from HTC for repair, and it has what appears to be a 1.93-based T-Mo ROM on it, with Radio 1.0.25.16.....

Any way you could extract that rom and post it? = )