camera light and software

Guest vin-z

hello

i am not a programmer and never did nothing since my first basic programm 20 years ago. I've got a question.

Could it be possible to light the flash with a programm (like in the samsung today 2) if we can run the dll ?

In \windows\ there is some zylonite dll and it seems one is dedicated to flash.

Is it possible to run a dll and to see if one of theses could solve the problem ?

But, i really don't know how to do, could someone try ?

Guest A TIN OF BOMBS
hello

i am not a programmer and never did nothing since my first basic programm 20 years ago. I've got a question.

Could it be possible to light the flash with a programm (like in the samsung today 2) if we can run the dll ?

In \windows\ there is some zylonite dll and it seems one is dedicated to flash.

Is it possible to run a dll and to see if one of theses could solve the problem ?

But, i really don't know how to do, could someone try ?

No need to program your phone, just follow the instructions:

go form the main menu to settings;

then on the first tab, buttons;

then use the lower buttons to go to the tab most on the right;

this tab is called flashlight, you can set the flashlight there.

Good luck!

A TIN OF BOMBS

Guest gravityz

only if you are in the today screen.

most of us are using spb mobile shell so then you can not use it.

No need to program your phone, just follow the instructions:

go form the main menu to settings;

then on the first tab, buttons;

then use the lower buttons to go to the tab most on the right;

this tab is called flashlight, you can set the flashlight there.

Good luck!

A TIN OF BOMBS

Guest imacken
only if you are in the today screen.

most of us are using spb mobile shell so then you can not use it.

Good grief! It's only a one button press to go from Spb to Today and one button back. How hard is that?!?

Guest the-jackal
Good grief! It's only a one button press to go from Spb to Today and one button back. How hard is that?!?

Not if you have it set so the today screen never shows. :lol:

Guest Barthlon
Press and hold the volume down (-) button :lol:

yes that has been stated before a few posts up.

but als also stated before it doesn't work if you're not in today. and

that is exactly what the topicstarter is trying to accomplish. making

a program of some sort that binds that key to flashlight independent

of the todayscreen or other programs you're using.

i'm not a programmer also, but if someone would make it, i would for

sure use it. nothing easier than a one button flashlight :D

Guest imacken
Not if you have it set so the today screen never shows. :lol:

What does the X in the btm right corner do from Spb shell when you have Today 'switched off'?

i've found in \windows\ a dll called flashlight.dll

if i open it in my computer using notepad, i can see some word inside. One is MITS_lanter.

En the registry there is some entry in locl_machine with mits_lantern and it is parameters ween can modify using the settings "button" "flashlight", for exemple, the "timeout".

So it seems, that this dll could be the one we need to do a flashlight prog.

i've tried to do a mortscript prog whith "run rundll32.exe flashlight.dll", but it did'nt works.

Guest punkmonkey1984

i read some where if you have spb and spb watcher if you push the end key the hold in the light key (down vol key) straight after it comes on. as spb watcher takes a second to kick in, try that it used to work before i went to manila 2d

Edited by punkmonkey1984

Guest herojas

Hi guys,

I'm trying to enable this option in my Omnia but it can not work. I've just installed the manila DTHJ9/M2D03 rom but when i go to enble the option in the settings/buttons/flashlight appears enables but when i press the - vol pushbutton waiting some time but only appears the volume level of the phone and events and the flash don't turn ON.

Can we have a solution or the only solution is to install a NO CUSTOM rom?

Thaks for all

I need it too, I'm on manila DTHJ9/M2D03 too and normal operation("On today Press and hold the volume down (-) button") is not working for me.

I once used a original theme on my omnia where it was possible by just pressing a soft button.

I think it was omnia today (1 or 2) on the settings page, reachable from the today screen, which was possible to lock and unlock, i can't check for myself because it's not available on the rom i am using now.

Guest Barthlon
Hi guys,

I'm trying to enable this option in my Omnia but it can not work. I've just installed the manila DTHJ9/M2D03 rom but when i go to enble the option in the settings/buttons/flashlight appears enables but when i press the - vol pushbutton waiting some time but only appears the volume level of the phone and events and the flash don't turn ON.

Can we have a solution or the only solution is to install a NO CUSTOM rom?

Thaks for all

I need it too, I'm on manila DTHJ9/M2D03 too and normal operation("On today Press and hold the volume down (-) button") is not working for me.

I once used a original theme on my omnia where it was possible by just pressing a soft button.

I think it was omnia today (1 or 2) on the settings page, reachable from the today screen, which was possible to lock and unlock, i can't check for myself because it's not available on the rom i am using now.

guys, this is not a long topic at all and the problem you mention is exactly what this topic is about.

you can't use the flashlight while using manila. the topicstarter is searching for a solution but he needs help...

also two posts up a solution is mentioned, but that one doesn't work for everyone...

guys, this is not a long topic at all and the problem you mention is exactly what this topic is about.

you can't use the flashlight while using manila. the topicstarter is searching for a solution but he needs help...

also two posts up a solution is mentioned, but that one doesn't work for everyone...

thanks, someone understand me !

i'm sure a godd programmer could find in a dll(perhaps camera.dll or flashlight.dll) the command to put on the light with a programm.

a guy dit it for a htc as here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=257095

or here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=422367

It is certainly in TODAY 2, under a soft button,

i installed today2 again, available as CAB in

custom-rom-updated-black-diamond-1-0-soe-for-omina-22-10-2008

And it is on the settings page, indicated as Flashlight, i will try to find the command it is calling

Just saw this topic, I actually checked with NetRipper a while back, who did the program for the Raphael and passed him a copy of the flashlight.dll from the Omnia.

This was his reply:

I have just taken a quick look at the API - the functions it exports - but it doesn't look easy. It exports a function that is used to get a c++ class. This makes it a lot harder as obviously, I don't have a definition of the class.

Especially without device I doubt I can make it work even when I have more time. Someone with the device could use HaRET to find out on a lower level what triggers the flashlight, such as a GPIO

So if someone can have a look on how to trigger the command, PM me and I can pass you the source code of the program which can be modified to be used for the Omnia.

Guest Barthlon
It is certainly in TODAY 2, under a soft button,

i installed today2 again, available as CAB in

custom-rom-updated-black-diamond-1-0-soe-for-omina-22-10-2008

And it is on the settings page, indicated as Flashlight, i will try to find the command it is calling

that is so true, totally forgot about that.

so it is already incorporated to turn on and of the flashlight with a softbutton...

just extract this piece of code from today 2 i would say, but hey i don't know nothing about coding :lol:

Guest zemrwhite2

Hello,

This is a version of TorchButton 1.1 that works for Omnia.

TorchButton has been written by NetRipper, please refer to NetRipper's TorchButton thread on xda to see how to use his nice application (especially the registry key to modify torch timeout) :

TorchButtonOmnia installer by PaSSoA : TorchButtonOmnia.CAB

Source code : TorchButtonOmnia.src.20081114.zip

NetRipper's application has not been altered in any way : a very basic emulation of HTCCamera1.dll does the job.

Big warning : no application that uses HTCCamera1.dll will work with this one, except of course TorchButton. That is why I provide an alternate installer inside the source archive that copies the dll in the same directory as the application instead of \Windows.

I do not intend to update the dll in the future for TorchButton 1.2 or 1.3. The main reason is that even if it is possible to change the brightness of the camera LED of the Omnia (see it when using flash w/ camera), I have not been able to find out how, and will not spend any more time on the subject (but would not mind learning how to do it !).

Please let me know if it works or not for you.

Guest gravityz

same here

working great

good job

Hello,

This is a version of TorchButton 1.1 that works for Omnia.

TorchButton has been written by NetRipper, please refer to NetRipper's TorchButton thread on xda to see how to use his nice application (especially the registry key to modify torch timeout) :

TorchButtonOmnia installer by PaSSoA : TorchButtonOmnia.CAB

Source code : TorchButtonOmnia.src.20081114.zip

NetRipper's application has not been altered in any way : a very basic emulation of HTCCamera1.dll does the job.

Big warning : no application that uses HTCCamera1.dll will work with this one, except of course TorchButton. That is why I provide an alternate installer inside the source archive that copies the dll in the same directory as the application instead of \Windows.

I do not intend to update the dll in the future for TorchButton 1.2 or 1.3. The main reason is that even if it is possible to change the brightness of the camera LED of the Omnia (see it when using flash w/ camera), I have not been able to find out how, and will not spend any more time on the subject (but would not mind learning how to do it !).

Please let me know if it works or not for you.