Become a Telmap Sat Nav beta tester, get free Sat Nav!

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itsnotmeeee
Cheers Ian for the heads up... visit this link:

http://www.telmap.com/tugPC

to join the Telmap beta, and (if you're accepted) get free Sat Nav software! B)

Product details:

http://global.telmap.com/Content.aspx?Page...ices-Navigation

P

I've begun using this, and have to see its interface is excellent. Directions are on par with Copilot / Garmin.

I've not see any traffic updates yet.

Anyone else tried this?

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Got a code and link 30 seconds after applying. Maybe it depends on your stated device - perhaps they already have enough testers for certain devices?

M.S

Guest deadphill

Very handy I have to say. Been using it and it finds better routes sometimes than TOMTOM and doesnt need POI's installed as it finds them automatically. If there was more detail in the mapping, I would say this would bring it up to the likes of TOMTOM but the flow of the software for me needs improving. Functionally though it works extremely well.

Cheers

Phill

Guest Confucious

Looks like I'm to late for the UK!

Thank you for your interest in the Telmap User Group.

Unfortunately participation in the User Group is not available in your country.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

All the posts in 'Other' and the Lounge seem to appear everywhere, Modaco, Mobihilics, android, EEE etc.

Just to let you know what you're missing B)

[Edit] Now I'm getting links to Omnia posts in Android - methinks something is not quite right! I've PM'd Paul [/Edit]

Edited by Confucious

• 2 months later...
Anyone got it working on the Omnia?

Cheers

Yep. Tried a couple of the HTC options and they seem to work, at least GPS-wise. There doesn't seem to be anything for 240x400 right now (they all download as 480x640??, even the HTC Raphael which is supposed to be 240x400) and the screen layout is terrible atm (it's HUGE).

Guest terayon00
Cheers Ian for the heads up... visit this link:

http://www.telmap.com/tugPC

to join the Telmap beta, and (if you're accepted) get free Sat Nav software! :(

Product details:

http://global.telmap.com/Content.aspx?Page...ices-Navigation

P

When you say FREE SAT NAV do you mean when you download it and get a activation code you have the software? because I see you need a data package and I wanna get a data package only if I know this does not run out after 14 days. Cheers for the link anyway.

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Anyone got it working on the Omnia?

Cheers

I emailed them asking why they don't support the omnia. Since it's the best selling WinMo handset to date.

The reply said "If there was sufficient interest, they would look to support that handset".

Missed the boat on that one I feel.

Guest deadphill
When you say FREE SAT NAV do you mean when you download it and get a activation code you have the software? because I see you need a data package and I wanna get a data package only if I know this does not run out after 14 days. Cheers for the link anyway.

I've been using it from the original post I made above to date. Therefore it seems to be going well.

I don't know when it will end but right now its really great especially for using the traffic updates.

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Not had much luck with that myself... also the audio files are a pain when you use media player. It picks them up as audio files and plays them in the library, which is a right old kerfuffle!

Also never known how to add feedback to them. Maybe they just want telemetry?

Cheers

Phill