Live Mesh Beta now available for Pocket PC

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill
thumb_07-Nov-2008_untitled.JPG

Hi Guys

While chatting away online the other day with certain characters it was brought to my attention that Live Mesh has made it to Windows Mobile.

In order to get this you need to be either in the UK or US, (apparently, please let us know if you don't) and log into your mesh, click on add device and in the box below choose add mobile device.

Now I don't know if its just my phone, signal or whatever, but I had a few troubles to get it to connect and then finally to sync. However I do seem to have issues where I am at work, so maybe Ill try it when I get some time at home.

Anyway head over to Mesh.com and have a play. Remember 5GB of free online storage cant be bad! And dont forget to let us know what you think.

Have fun!

Cheers

Phill

Warning! Do not use without a decent data allowance or WiFi. It could cost you loads!

Hi Phil,

I posted this in the 'Submit News' section last Friday. It never made it out of there though. Perhaps that section is no longer monitored?

Anyway, pretty good isn't it!

Had a few problems myself, which were down to my profile not having a country assigned (new users check this if you are having trouble). Also bare in mind that you can't sync files greater than 10MB to the device at present. I'm just using it for pictures at the moment. Works well.

Cheers

Lee

Guest deadphill

Ah

Will have to check the T&C's to post it here but if you look out there the file you want is called live mesh.cab.

Have a look for that, it might help you on your way.

Cheers

Phill

Guest rav1patel

its on a limited beat for UK and US users only. i got it a week ago.

its brilliant. no need to connect to the computer anymore. just drag stuff (cabs, pics, whatever) into a folder and it magically appears on my phone. also set the pics to sync so as soon as i take a pic it appears on my desktop!

love it.

Guest Driekus

Not much use yet installing that cab file. When signing in on my mobile I get the message it's for a limited number of users available at this time... And I'm not one of them.

Edited by Driekus

For those seeing the 'coming soon' you MUST follow the instructions and the correct links. See this site for details:-

http://blogs.msdn.com/livemesh/

As a prerequisit make sure your country is set to UK or US in your LiveID prior to following the link. You'll then see your device ring, but it wont say 'coming soon' on the mobile client.

Hope this helps.

Guest Kevlarski
For those seeing the 'coming soon' you MUST follow the instructions and the correct links. See this site for details:-

As a prerequisit make sure your country is set to UK or US in your LiveID prior to following the link. You'll then see your device ring, but it wont say 'coming soon' on the mobile client.

Hope this helps.

I have checked my location is set to United Kingdom and has been for some years now, my PC is setup for it and I have downloaded and installed the cab but when I run Live Mesh and sign in it says:

"Live Mesh is not available Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh." :lol:

post-53274-1226105817_thumb.jpg

I have checked my location is set to United Kingdom and has been for some years now, my PC is setup for it and I have downloaded and installed the cab but when I run Live Mesh and sign in it says:

"Live Mesh is not available Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available to a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh." B)

This is odd. Did you follow the link from the blog post, or just login straight to your mesh? If you follow the link you should see the mesh ring, but it looks different where it references the mobile client. See below:-

post-201977-1226152971_thumb.jpg

The link carries a sort of invite that 'unlocks' the option in the red circle. If you just install the cab without following the link, it won't work. When you click that link you should see the following:-

post-201977-1226152982_thumb.jpg

I followed Option 2 on this page and had the phone still connected over the cable when I first signed in. Once it had synced, I disconnected the cable and it still worked but using the 3g.

Your problem maybe something else, but this is the procedure I followed. Hope it helps.

Lee

Guest dr_nick

"Sorry, the Live Mesh Tech Preview is currently out of invitations. Please check back soon.

(Code: c14d73c7-1731, 08/11/2008 14:16) "

this is the message i get... is there a workaround to this or do those of us not lucky enough to have caught the beta wave have to wait more?

dr_nick

Guest deadphill

Looks like its going to be closed for beta testing for a while. My guess is that it will be a few weeks and then it will be released to the wider public.

Cheers

Phill

Guest Scottola
Looks like its going to be closed for beta testing for a while. My guess is that it will be a few weeks and then it will be released to the wider public.

Cheers

Phill

when I install the cab, it says 'Live mesh was uanble to find a suitable version of sql CE on this device. Unable to install Live mesh'

Where to I get the correct version of SQL CE from and should I have it already?

There's an update today on the Live Mesh blog about the mobile client.

(UPDATE: Live Mesh for Mobile in the UK is currently full. We know many of you are excited about trying Live Mesh with your mobile devices, so we'll be adding more spots very soon - stay tuned!)

So bad news for the UK but good news for the US users who still want to give it a go.

Lee

Guest dr_nick

can't even seem to log into mesh.com from a pc today - it says the service is only available in the US and do i want to "sign up" to be informed when the service becomes avalable in my area! i have been using this for 3weeks already! (though, admittedly, i managed to miss the boat n the mobile beta B))

this is very frustrating, and not reliable for work-related stuff if it doesn't work consistently. grr

anyone else having any trouble?

• 4 weeks later...

It's back!

More mobile invites are available and from any country too this time.

Expanded Live Mesh for Mobile CTP

Posted Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:16 AM by Live Mesh Team

The recent service update to Live Mesh addresses many of the issues users reported since we opened the Mobile CTP on Oct 30.

With the release of the updated Live Mesh for Mobile version 0.9.3424.9, we are expanding the CTP to more users. We are also lifting the country restrictions on access to the CTP – it is now open to all countries. [Access through a 3G network is recommended for a great experience.]

Since there is limited room in the expanded CTP, hurry on to https://www.mesh.com/Web/Promo.aspx?pcode=Mob_FCFS1 to add your Windows Mobile 6.x phone to your mesh. [Clicking this link will grant access to your Live ID for adding a WM phone to the mesh and redirect you to the device ring, where you can click “+” to see how to “Use Live Mesh for mobile devices”.]

If you already have the Live Mesh client on your WM6 phone, you should see an update notification the next time you login to Live Mesh from your phone. You can also navigate through Menu -> About -> Software Update, to install the latest client.

Thank you for using Live Mesh, and sharing your feedback!

The Live Mesh Team

Get in quick before they're all gone.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pgdrews
can't even seem to log into mesh.com from a pc today - it says the service is only available in the US and do i want to "sign up" to be informed when the service becomes avalable in my area! i have been using this for 3weeks already! (though, admittedly, i managed to miss the boat n the mobile beta :rolleyes: )

this is very frustrating, and not reliable for work-related stuff if it doesn't work consistently. grr

anyone else having any trouble?

I too have been able to be in Mesh - in fact, was in it today on my PC, then I installed on my mobile. My mobile was giving me message that Mesh was closed to any more users. So I searched in forums, and found the correct links to click on, and then I tried to sign back in with my Mobile, and I was in! Then, I went back in and signed into Live Mesh, and was asking for sign up, and then said the they were full!!!!! Wtf? Now it says they will send email when spot is available. Yet i'm able to still logon to Mesh now on my mobile.....man microsoft....so frickin frustrating!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest penguin
dammit!

downloaded and installed.... its not working... starts, then 'Mesh starting' then it just exits :/

any clues?

this is happening to me too on my X1, anyone worked out why it just crashes?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.