Omnia bricked after just one day?

Guest cyberarmy

Guest cyberarmy

Got my phone yesterday morning, last night I flashed both PDA and phone with official i900DXHJ1. This morning went to movies, reception was very bad in the cinema and I checked the phone several times, then found it was off by itself and won't switch on again. Went home plug the charger in, no light indicator at the power button, but the phone is getting hot. Pressed dial/hang up and power button together to try hard reset, not working. What now? B)

Got my phone yesterday morning, last night I flashed both PDA and phone with official i900DXHJ1. This morning went to movies, reception was very bad in the cinema and I checked the phone several times, then found it was off by itself and won't switch on again. Went home plug the charger in, no light indicator at the power button, but the phone is getting hot. Pressed dial/hang up and power button together to try hard reset, not working. What now? B)

Happened to me after 3 days I was thinking is the charger but was not send-it back for a replacement.

Did you notice a burning smell on the back of the phone if is there that smell like a plasic burn or something like that you can send-it back is nothing you can do.

PS: This problem doesn't have nothing to do with the upgrade of the ROM is a hardware problem.

I flashed the new one 6 times now without any problem.

Edited by georo

Guest cyberarmy

No burning smell at all on my device.

Going to call and send it back on Monday, Unfortunately......My friends who applied for this phone last week was told a lead time of 4-6 weeks? Really don't want to wait this long as my current phone is 2G and my new 3G Sim won't work on it.

Guest Jokes On You
Happened to me after 3 days I was thinking is the charger but was not send-it back for a replacement.

Did you notice a burning smell on the back of the phone if is there that smell like a plasic burn or something like that you can send-it back is nothing you can do.

PS: This problem doesn't have nothing to do with the upgrade of the ROM is a hardware problem.

I flashed the new one 6 times now without any problem.

I had that same problem. Did you have to send it back to the UK?

Guest Neil5459
Really don't want to wait this long as my current phone is 2G and my new 3G Sim won't work on it.

Which operator are you with? All 3G SIMs (except '3') can work in 2G or 3G phones as the 3G SIM is backwards compatible (in fact some operators now only supply 3G SIMs, regardless of the phone type)