• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jasoninaz

Jasoninaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q9h AT&T
I use my phone a lot but the data was killing me not the cost but the slowness. wireless.cingular.com:80 is what kills us all (at least here in the states) I thought to myself, what is a proxy but a way to look at traffic? Right? OK, I turned it off, and now I use Skype and Fring more than I use voice.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{EF097F4C-DC4B-4c98-8FF6-AEF805DC0E8E}\Cingular WAP]

Enable: From 1 to 0
Readyonly: From 1 to 0
reboot

You have to do the band selection hack to really make it work well but no more proxy for me.
Enable band selection:
1. Go to Home Screen
2. Type *#1546792*# and then send
3. You will see new screen that indicates that Band
Selection was enabled
4. Now you can go to Settings/Phone/Network/Band
Selection

johnboy12

johnboy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:motorola q9h

I use my phone a lot but the data was killing me not the cost but the slowness. wireless.cingular.com:80 is what kills us all (at least here in the states) I thought to myself, what is a proxy but a way to look at traffic? Right? OK, I turned it off, and now I use Skype and Fring more than I use voice.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{EF097F4C-DC4B-4c98-8FF6-AEF805DC0E8E}\Cingular WAP]

reboot

You have to do the band selection hack to really make it work well but no more proxy for me.
Enable band selection:
1. Go to Home Screen
Selection was enabled
Selection

How do you use skype and fring???CAn you explain/elaborate?

bmn4711

bmn4711

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

reboot

Enable band selection:
1. Go to Home Screen
Selection was enabled
Selection

This is killing my web browsing through the phone "Could not establish network connection." Any way around this?

AnothrNmbr

AnothrNmbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:moto q

This is killing my web browsing through the phone "Could not establish network connection." Any way around this?

After I applied this registry change I was also unable to browse using opera. I need to go into the menu > tools > settings > connections and in the Select Network dropdown I had to switch from "WAP Network" (i think this is the proxy we just disabled) to "The Internet" (which I assume just means a direct, proxyless internet connection).

ji

Sathanvs

Sathanvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q9h global

Enable band selection:
1. Go to Home Screen
Selection was enabled
Selection

What does the band select hack assist in?

Edited by Sathanvs, 12 October 2009 - 12:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users