when you do this and reboot you will notice that reception is very bad and you do not see any sattelits in gpsproxy, gpsgate.
i just used it a couple of days in my car and it turns out it really works
i get a fix in seconds every day without a gps on and without a current xtra file
it seems that this gps needs clear sky and movement.
eg when i put it in my car and enable gps i see nothing
the minute i start driving all sattelites show up at oneces
it looks like it is waiting for movement to show the satellites.
without registry hack
slow fix but sattelites show up when stationary
with registry hack
very fast fix, sattelites only show up after movement in your car.
maybee this is a power saving thing(eg when stationary it shuts of)
registry hack is explained here
Agps is off
these are the settings i am using in the registry
Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\
- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\PollInterval -> 500 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\RetryWaitonerror-> 10000 (default is 10000)
- Drivers\Samsung GPS HardwareSleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 8192 (by default not present, you have to create it or standard 16384)
Edited by gravityz, 04 December 2008 - 09:03 AM.