Screen sensivity problem solved!!!!

Guest kordi

Guest Uribam

I don't know. You guys are all talking about touch sensitivity problems while aligning with a pencil or a stylus and even dead pixels. I have an i910 which I aligned with (gasp) my thumb. it works perfectly. I never use a stylus and never mistype anything using the samsung keyboard. I dunno, it just seems like such an easy answer to me to use your thumb to calibrate your phone. When you calibrate something you use what you'll be using to calibrate. Maybe I'm the only one this works for? I'm not sure I don't have any sample size like you guys have using that stuff but it works for me. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm an idiot, who knows? Just my two cents.

Edit: I do use an invisible shield but my thumb calibration worked without it. If someone with an invisible shield can comment on a variation of this I'd be interested because I'm a huge geek and care about it =P Thanks

Edited by Uribam

Guest Michael122w
I don't know. You guys are all talking about touch sensitivity problems while aligning with a pencil or a stylus and even dead pixels. I have an i910 which I aligned with (gasp) my thumb. it works perfectly. I never use a stylus and never mistype anything using the samsung keyboard. I dunno, it just seems like such an easy answer to me to use your thumb to calibrate your phone. When you calibrate something you use what you'll be using to calibrate. Maybe I'm the only one this works for? I'm not sure I don't have any sample size like you guys have using that stuff but it works for me. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm an idiot, who knows? Just my two cents.

Edit: I do use an invisible shield but my thumb calibration worked without it. If someone with an invisible shield can comment on a variation of this I'd be interested because I'm a huge geek and care about it =P Thanks

There are two different digitizors - the good ones and the bad ones.

If you can get a "list" scrolling by using a light touch of your finger then you have a good digitizor. If you have to use your finger nail to get the digitizor to recognise your actions then you have a bad one. The bad ones seem to be the early models which came out from Singapore/Korea/Hong Kong.

I have changed my digitizor and it make a huge difference. But if you currently have a good one - then you don't need to worry.

Guest Rednose5
There are two different digitizors - the good ones and the bad ones.

If you can get a "list" scrolling by using a light touch of your finger then you have a good digitizor. If you have to use your finger nail to get the digitizor to recognise your actions then you have a bad one. The bad ones seem to be the early models which came out from Singapore/Korea/Hong Kong.

I have changed my digitizor and it make a huge difference. But if you currently have a good one - then you don't need to worry.

How can I check if my digitizer or even the whole phone came from Singapore/Korea/Hong Kong? edit: I found it: Korea, model: SGH-i900V (So it was Vodafone brande in the factory already)

And what part of the world do the good ones come from ?

I believe all of you and it's great a problem can be fixed, in my case I just want to be sure I have a problem before I start fixing things that are not broken.

Edited by Rednose5

• 1 month later...
Guest Tsoglani

I have the following problem.

I am on the alignment menu, and I am doing the alignment as suggested.

Once i am done with the 5 point alignment, it remains on the alignment page and I am realigning again.

I have had this problem for a while now. by the way, the phone freezes after that and it doesnt return to home or anything.

Any solutions???

Guest mementomori
How can I check if my digitizer or even the whole phone came from Singapore/Korea/Hong Kong? edit: I found it: Korea, model: SGH-i900V (So it was Vodafone brande in the factory already)

And what part of the world do the good ones come from ?

I believe all of you and it's great a problem can be fixed, in my case I just want to be sure I have a problem before I start fixing things that are not broken.

ok guys.. this discussion about sensitivity.. you can add software..do precize calibration and all kinds of other s***, but... after doing this, there's only one thing that really REALLY HELPS!!!! tO CHANGE THE DIGITIZER!!!

How do you know if you have the old screen? well if your asking yourself this quwstion you have the old screen <_<

i had the same doubts since my omnia was quite good (so i thought) and i thought i had the good digitizer (bought in the netherlands) but i decided to check it anyway..first i bricked my lcd screen because i used to much force trying to get the digitizer of (its a good tip to use a creditcard for that..some posts back). But when vodafone fixed it for free and i watched i noticed that the guy was basicly doing it the same way i did, i decided to try again. Second time it went fine (its actually not that hard) and my omnia turned on and then .....OH MY GOD ITS A DIFFERENT PHONE... just looking at it makes my touchscreen move!!! really the softest touch of your finger (like barely touching) works on the screen and works wel!!

so again if you have the new digitizer you will know because its very close to (i hate to say it..the iphone)..if your not sure believe me you dont have it..

to find the the follow the link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...panel-on-omnia/

good luck and oh yeah when you do decide to change...i know you will be smiling like crazy :)

Guest gragra

My suggestions to Omnia users; U dont need to change your Digitizer. If you dont like the sensitivity of your Omnia, sell it and get another phone, a new Omnia or something else. Don't waste your time playing with stuff that you know little about.