Built in VOIP on i600 WM6

Guest MrRimmer

Guest MrRimmer

After spending days fiddling with voip on this phone I am stuck at what appears to be an impasse. VOIP is fairly easy to configure and appears to work very nicely... up to the point where I try to talk to the other end. Either the microphone is deactivated or there is a problem in transmitting sound, although strangely enough DTMF tones get transmitted to the other party. However, sometimes they get dropped entirely and other times nothing will happen for a couple of seconds after pressing keys then they will be received at the other end as a burst.

It doesn't matter if I call out or receive a call, the symptoms are the same. I'm using VOIPCheap.com as a provider.

Has anyone solved this little mystery, or do we have to accept that the only way to use voip is via Fring etc. (which has large lag and can only use the speakerphone).

Also, I have read somewheree that someone got it to work using a hands free but I don;t want to have to use one if it is not necessary.

Thanks all.

Mr R.

• 2 months later...
Guest foggydew88
After spending days fiddling with voip on this phone I am stuck at what appears to be an impasse. VOIP is fairly easy to configure and appears to work very nicely... up to the point where I try to talk to the other end. Either the microphone is deactivated or there is a problem in transmitting sound, although strangely enough DTMF tones get transmitted to the other party. However, sometimes they get dropped entirely and other times nothing will happen for a couple of seconds after pressing keys then they will be received at the other end as a burst.

It doesn't matter if I call out or receive a call, the symptoms are the same. I'm using VOIPCheap.com as a provider.

Has anyone solved this little mystery, or do we have to accept that the only way to use voip is via Fring etc. (which has large lag and can only use the speakerphone).

Also, I have read somewheree that someone got it to work using a hands free but I don;t want to have to use one if it is not necessary.

Thanks all.

Mr R.

It's a codec problem, the WM6 Voip client has been extracted frma a HTC rom (as far as I know), I still have no notice about a real working on i600/i607.

• 9 months later...
Guest MrRimmer
It's a codec problem, the WM6 Voip client has been extracted frma a HTC rom (as far as I know), I still have no notice about a real working on i600/i607.

I pretty much gave up on this, found a good program called "Tivi Phone" but that wasn't perfect. Now I'm using a Nokia E71 and it's fantastic, the voip client is built right in and works perfectly over 3G and Wifi. Only fly in the ointment is that is doesn't unregister after a call, so can hammer the battery.