3 replies to this topic

dwj

dwj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1
I've just had gps seem to stop working on my X1 for no apparent reason. Both satnav software and google maps cant get a lock. I've tested it with a bluetooth gps and it works perfectly but when I try to use the built in gps it just says it is on but cant find a lock. I have even tried a hard reset and reinstalled everything and wandered around outdoors in different locations but still no lock. Anyone got any ideas brfore I send it back to shop?

angamb

angamb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@gadgetonomy

I've just had gps seem to stop working on my X1 for no apparent reason. Both satnav software and google maps cant get a lock. I've tested it with a bluetooth gps and it works perfectly but when I try to use the built in gps it just says it is on but cant find a lock. I have even tried a hard reset and reinstalled everything and wandered around outdoors in different locations but still no lock. Anyone got any ideas brfore I send it back to shop?

If you have done a hard reset and you are using the original ROM then this has to be a hardware problem and it will be covered by the warranty for sure.

dwj

dwj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1
Yes, I agree. Since called sonyericsson support and they advised me to send back for a replacement. Only worrying thing is that I saw a thread over on xda forums from someone with the exact same problem and symptoms so hopefully its not an ongoing issue.

Tylwith

Tylwith

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1i, omnia 2
Hi,
i had the same problem after a hard reset the gps was unable to fix.
i have search a lot and it happens that a lot of people have the problem after a hard reset.
it`s not a hardware problem for most cases.
the first fix is ver long to come and can never come.

A solution that worked for me:

Hard reset the phone .
install gpstest from Chartcross
update quick gps.
go outside run gpstest.
check the gps setting .
if you see 9600 bauds as the speed. hard reset again. then the speed must come back to 4800.
You must have a fix in less than 10 mn.
after that google maps and tomtom worked perfectly for me.
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users