Kick Ass WAD2 Skins

Guest mobilehappy

Guest mobilehappy

WishBar Advanced Desktop (WAD2) is a highly customizable UI solution for Windows Mobile devices, unfortunately it seems it not used by so many Omnia users yet so most skins are only available in standard QVGA or VGA.

But its fullly possible to convert exsisting skins or make new skins for Omnias WQVGA Resolution.

But the potential is great and its just been released in a new version with new features too.

Here are screenshots from some of the WAD2 skins which is currently available:

Prot'n V2:

protnteaserwad21kc2.jpg

Media Center:

Media%20Center.gif

Mobile Vista Skin:

MobileVistaScreenshots.png

WM 6.5 Skin:

attachment.php?attachmentid=13009&d=1227260107

Manila 2D skin:

themepreviewou9.png

Iphone Skin:

wad2_iphone_promo.jpg

Clear 2 Skin:

attachment.php?attachmentid=12833&d=1225094887

VistaPhone Future:

200805_Preview_Vistaphone_Future_2009.png

Edited by mobilehappy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Akshay_LP

Holy crap. Can anyone convert these to WQVGA resolution, I have no idea what to do. These are awesome. Btw, are there ANY WVGA/WQVGA res. themes for WAD2?

Guest webcrush

I'm using WAD with an iPhone theme, and love it. The ability to customize and script out actions is fantastic. I'm coming off an old 1st Gen MotoQ and used to use Facade for similar functionality, but everything had to be done in xml config files. WAD has direct editing ability from the device through a GUI wizard..

Guest finaldestiny

I think the main issue here is how this skin will affect the usability (read speed) of the phone. If it doesn't affect it significantly then i'm all over this band wagon! B)

Guest Frankish

It's a shame this hasn't been converted for us Omnia users. It looks better than any other theme software. I didn't like SPB i'm liking my Manila 2D theme but i'd definitely swap for this especially if it can run most stuff from storage rather than main memory.

Edited by Frankish

Guest dawidm86

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/sho...3377&page=8

here is Vista Skin author topic ;]

He wrote about WAD & Omnia :

"It will work but you would need to resize the wallpapers (or just use your own) because the i900 has a resolution of 240 x 400. So the wallpaper will not be tall enough to cover the entire screen. You should be able to use it with a few tweaks."

"Everything else should work with the exception of a few shortcuts, which you can easily fix."

So I hope somebody can do it... Unfortunately, I don't have any experience....

Well i have tryed the theme and it's not true. The screen was really messed up the last time i tryed it. And it has a vista like login screen which was all in the center of the screen (the display picture and the login bar). So you can imagine what it looked like. B)

They have great themes but someone should port them to omnia to be of any use.

Guest finaldestiny
If we keep enough interest in this maybe someone will take on the task of fixing this for our Omnias!

This might be the problem exactly! We can't just generate interest and hope some developer will do it for us...we need to take this into our own hands...stop relying on other persons to just do these things for us....we need to get our hands dirty and experiment a bit. Not being 'techy' or whatever shouldn't be an excuse either, its just a matter of learning what to do.

Sorry for my rant, I wasn't picking on you 'Frankish', just mentioning what my thoughts on the issue in general.

Now for starters, does anyone know what program can be used to create the skins for WAD2, or to edit them?

Edited by finaldestiny

Guest Magpie2000k

I havent had a chance to install this, and I agree with final destiny "we need to get our hands dirty"

However is there a mod out there who can give us a general starting point.

Paul PassoA etc etc etc can you just point us in the direction to start with and maybe we will come up with something for ourselves.

Guest Magpie2000k

I cant seem to get it to do wnything.. LOL

have installed and resized the wallpaper files and can get the screen to have the wallpaper but the layout is all wrong.

I will keep trying, but MODS any help would be great as this is all new to me.

Guest mobilehappy
This might be the problem exactly! We can't just generate interest and hope some developer will do it for us...we need to take this into our own hands...stop relying on other persons to just do these things for us....we need to get our hands dirty and experiment a bit. Not being 'techy' or whatever shouldn't be an excuse either, its just a matter of learning what to do.

Sorry for my rant, I wasn't picking on you 'Frankish', just mentioning what my thoughts on the issue in general.

Now for starters, does anyone know what program can be used to create the skins for WAD2, or to edit them?

You do not need any program to make and edit themes in WAD2 , its bulidt in so that you can make and edit your themes directly through the program.

No programing skills is required, just some time and patience B) (Scripts, links, animation effects, placement of graphics +++ can be adjusted within the program itself)

But ofcourse you will need to find and download graphics or just make some unique ones yourself.

WAD2 has just been released in a new version which have some bugs and new updated version is promised in the next few days.