GPS Software

Guest Kaaeed

Hello Everyone

I would really like to use GPS software with my Touch HD but unsure whether TomTom6 works with? and / or is Copilot or anything else works or is better?

Thanks

Kaaeed

Hello Everyone

I would really like to use GPS software with my Touch HD but unsure whether TomTom6 works with? and / or is Copilot or anything else works or is better?

Thanks

Kaaeed

I just installed Navigator version TT_Nav_74509028 and it is working fine.

Edited by MatOla

Guest MikeWard1701

Is there any GPS software for WinMo out there designed for Pedestrians? Or with Pedestrian modes?

I know Google maps is starting to roll out walking directions and was wondering if there are any other offerings.

Guest trulskaare
Is there any GPS software for WinMo out there designed for Pedestrians? Or with Pedestrian modes?

I know Google maps is starting to roll out walking directions and was wondering if there are any other offerings.

TomTom has cycling and walking modes, but they're not the greatest as it's slow to update at walking speed and it struggles a bit with reception when close to buildings.

Guest TheNerd

You could try Google Navigator - If the UK street photographing project is well underway, it may be quite a good option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest khaledkha
Cool thanks I'll give it a try :rolleyes:

Hello to all of you,

Yesterday I purchased the HTC Touch HD, what a lovely elegant device to play with, now – for the 3rd. time – I'm facing the ever lasted GPS problem in Egypt as the

authorities forbid the use of mobiles with GPS enabled, so companies like Nokia and HTC introduces their GPS mobiles with the GPS Comm. Port disabled.

Any ways, with the help of the Internet and good fellows I was able to solve this problem twice before, the first time was HTC Tytn II year ago before I sold it and the

second time was my beloved N96 two months ago and also the GPS was activated using a different methodology other than the Tytn II.

Is there any way to enable this Comm. Port and start using the GPS on Touch HD?

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Edited by khaledkha

If I'm not mistaken, the lag is the GPS...

You are right, there is quite an in depth discussion on xda developers concerning this issue, the lag seems to effect the HD and the Diamond on all navigation software. It seems it is something to do with the drivers in the inbuilt GPS and not much can be done about it as it is in the ROM and is an HTC problem. I think most people can live with it, if you search xda you can find out more about it in depth. :rolleyes:

How do you guys cope with microSD locked software? I use OCN which is locked to its card and am thinking of moving on from the Omnia to the Pharos 137 when it comes out as it has T-Mo 3G.