First they disable the gps, and now i find out you cant tether the phone with your pc.
I know tethering is possible, but i heard they want to charge you to do this...
I cant believe verizon is this greedy. This makes me want to take the phone back!
Is there a way to hack this so we can tether? If i cant get the gps or tethering to work before the end of this month, im taking the phone back.
Update: PROBLEM SOLVED!
DOWNLOAD THE NECESSARY FILES FROM HERE: http://www.interlock...iaWMWifiICS.zip
If you want to tether via usb only, install ICSinstall.cab, open the program, connect the omnia via usb to your pc, and click connect. Thats it!
Below are the instructions if you want to tether via wifi.
Use the files I have attached.
1. Download/Install the attached "ICSInstall.CAB" file.
(You may not need to do 2 - 6 but this is how I got it to work.)
2. Restart your phone.
3. Test the install by Connecting the USB cable to your computer.
4. Then run "IntShrUI" from the Programs Menu and select "Connect".
5. If done correctly the program should display "Connected".
6. Now select "Disconnect" and disconnect the USB cable.
7. Download/Install the attached "WMWifiRouter91.CAB" file.
8. Restart your phone.
9. Turn on Wifi.
10. Run WMWifiRouter from the Programs Menu.
11. Select "Connect"
12. If done correctly the program should display "Connected to WMWifiRouter Ready".
13. From your computer search for the "WMWifiRouter" wireless connection.
14. Now have fun surfing the web from anywhere.
*You may need to restart your phone and repeat steps 10 - 14 a few times to get it to work.
Edited by somedude, 21 March 2009 - 04:40 PM.