Change your WM 6.1 language in your custom rom

Guest taril

Guest picky-picasso

The dump will be created in the root directory of the card. (Not in 2577! 2577 is the autorun directory, so anything there will be loaded.)

One of the sexiest PPC apps I've ever seen. So simple, so stealth, so successful. yummy. Big ups to buzz_lightyear

pp

1. Copy this file to your flash disk.

2. Create a 2577 directory in the root of your flash disk.

3. Run the file grab_it_128_150.exe, and wait for a while.

A dump bin will be created into the 2577 directory. That is the file we need! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest peterk2005

I think Sunnysoft's localization - the demo version - will work without restrictions, only the keyboard/T9 part is restricted to a limited period. You need just remove the Sunnysoft autostart application, and not use the keyboard. To remove autostart, delete either \Windows\Startup\Internat.lnk file or if it doesn't exist delete registry entry having "intlnch.exe" as value under HKLM\Init. (It's entry "Launch115" on my device.)

For full localization, it is not enough to copy those mui files and change that registry value. This only localizes applications, but not system string (like Program names, Settings, etc.) Sunnysoft localizes them too, by parsing two files under \Program Files\SunnySoft\InterWrite\Loc. There are 2 files, one for "common system localization" and the other for localizing Samsung stuff. These 2 files contain entries like this:

@renameitems

Call Log.lnk;Localized name.lnk;

@registry_change_values;HKCU;controlpanel\notifications;

ActiveSync: Begin sync;Localized string;

ActiveSync: End sync;Localized string;

If someone could write a little app that would do the same: parse these 2 files and do the the localization stuff I would be happier than ever. :rolleyes:

Guest Nost@lgia

really nice. wish u all luck~

but I think Samsung doesn't have Korean specific ROM for I900 since Samsung sells T-Omnia in Korea :rolleyes:

what a shame...

I sometimes hate Samsung even it's a company of my own country..........

m/time Japanese electronic goods include japananese all the time for both local and export goods....

:)

Guest JamesB007
1. Extract an original rom that works on your language.

2. Copy all *.mui files from it to your custom rom to the right place.

3. You have to find the registry file that containst the followings:

HKLM-SOFTWARE-MICROSOFT-INTERNATIONAL

Here you can add the desired language code:

ACP: Regioal setting (Hungary is 1252)

LCID: Language setting (English is 1033)

4. Compile your rom, and istall it to your Omnia.

It is just an idea, you can try it! :rolleyes:

LCID Code list:

Croatian ...1050

Something is not right here.

You are saying that 1252 is Hungarian, but I also have 1252 in my registry and my regional settings are Croatian.

So, obviously that can't be right.

• 2 months later...
Guest herlek
You have to change the PDA/PHONE version. I think there is something about it here modaco. After the new rom will be accepted.

But I advise you to use the English roms (you mothertoung is dutch: german, france and english) until there will be a solution it.

It seems Omnia has several WM 6.1 language specific builts.

You don't have to change the version on your phone but change the mli file name in the current version of your phone. I have also changed with a binary editor the first line in the mli file in the current version of my phone. After that it was a piece of cake. (the selection of the language has to be done with the buttons)

Is it possible that this doesn't only change the language but also the version of the pda flash? After running the mli file the pda version has changed. B)

• 3 months later...
Guest Lost-in-omniA

Hi all,

I am using the following Version is

PDA : i900 DXID1 / SHKv17

Phone: I900XXHJ1

I need support for the Pakistani Language (URDU)... i don't want the whole windows in urdu but i just want to be able to read and write the emails and sms in Urdu.

Really appreciate if someone can help on that

• 6 months later...
Guest dreaded209

I just wanted to ask if there is a way to change the language of my phone from korean to english in a way so as to not loose all the settings and programs etc on my phone or korean language support.

there is no language change option on my current config (in korean)

I am in Korea and my phone is sph-m8400 with windows mobile 6.1

If its possible thats cool, if not, I can deal..just dont want to brick it.

ANY help would be great.

Thanks for your time

p.s. I just want to change the windows menu/media player language if possible...it supports english but only for sms and input...not for system language settings. (no option)

Edited by dreaded209