CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest Hendrickson

Nice rom but after installing it one big flaw. No menu? How do I get the samsung menu back where I had sortcuts to GPS progs etc?

Anyone got a cab for the samsung menu?

Thanks.

Thanks for new version, just trying it out.

Couple of things that i may PM you about, just tips, nothing more.

Good work, and enjoy it.

your tips (or questions) are welcome!

if you're downloading this now, please wait a couple of hours.

i'll release by the morning a newer and optimized version. it'll be the last one before DXHL2.

don't forget to check the first post!!!  :rolleyes:

I think for HL2, people are expecting the new widgets and widget configuration, so it will not be a lite version already. Unless you can find a way to make all those new widgets related files in one cab and make use of flashlite3.1 to work with those new widgets.

I think taril has the solution of making the widgets work with flashlite3.1 (he removed flashlite2.1 and installed flashlite 3.1 and the old widgets and youtube on opera are working in his ROM)

So i guest HL2 will be very challenging to make it a lite version. Hopefully by then, someone has found the way to make skyfire or IE6 to work with Omnia.

Goodluck

Guest Hendrickson
your tips (or questions) are welcome!

if you're downloading this now, please wait a couple of hours.

i'll release by the morning a newer and optimized version. it'll be the last one before DXHL2.

don't forget to check the first post!!! :rolleyes:

Sounds good.

Guest bobobird

Thx lf

Btw netcf 3.5 should also be left out because this too can be installed to sd.

This way those who want widgets can put it back with netcf 2.1 etc.

Perhaps a better idea is take out every ss app including dialer etc. This way ppl who have "other" phone envy can do so and have nothing to prevent them from making the Omina pretend to be the "Other" phones.

Edited by bobobird

Guest helladios

I have downloaded and installed the second version of the ROM. I am very pleased with it. Now, I am downloading this one, and I hope it will be still better.

Users should not be put off by the fact that everything is stripped off. It is very easy to install applications to do anything you want and may be missing from here (radio, TV-out, Google, etc.).

Everyone should keep in mind that with a stripped ROM they "have a choice". For example, I never use radio on my phone. Now, I may install a program for the radio, but in the knowledge that I can un-install it any time I want. And so on...

Some time ago, I made public a certain "tweak" I do, which, if found useful, might be incorporated in the ROM. I am not sure if it could... but here it is:

1) Rename "My Documents" into something else, "Doc xxx".

2) Find all occurences of "My Storage" in the registry (about 55...)

3) Replace all "My Storage" with "My Documents".

4) Delete "Doc xxx".

Reboot.

Now, the little sign for removable storage stands besides your (newly created) "My Documents" and Windows asks you if you want to install programs in "My Documents" which is either 8 Gb or 16 Gb.

after I have done this, I also always use "Advanced Configuration" or another program to tell Windows that "Cache", "Hostory" and "Temporary Internet Files" should be kept in something like "My Documents\Cache", so that a lot of space is freed in main memory. Again, this might be incorporated in the ROM, as it is built. It is all a matter of registry settings.

These, I offer for what they are worth!

Thank you, Lufeig.

Edited by helladios

Guest picky-picasso

OK!

Now THAT sounds "Clean!" That previous with 76 Megs was making me long for black-dragon's tight German Rom!

By the way, Lufeig: if you are in Brazil,... you couldn't grab the ROM from the i900L??* No store where you could stick a MicroSD card in the phone for a minute? ;-)

pp

*Supposedly, the Brazillian i900L is 3G even in the US, with support for the 850 and 1900 UMTS bands.

Version DXHK3/LFI03 (Dec-16-2008):

Based on DXHK3 released by Secany.

Last revision before DXHL2! :)

Disabled:

- Samsung Dialer *

- Security Warnings for unsigned CABs

- Error Reporting

- Customer Feedback

Removed:

- .NetCF 2.0

- Adobe Flash Lite 2.1

- Connected Home

- Digital Frame

- Divx VOD Registration **

- FM Radio

- Games (Bubble Breaker, Solitaire and Dice)

- Google Launcher & Google Maps

- Internet Sharing

- Main Menu

- Media Album

- Microsoft Office

- Microsoft OneNote

- Opera Browser

- PhotoSlides

- Podcasts

- RSS Reader

- Samsung Clock

- Samsung Today 1 & 2

- Samsung Widget

- Shozu

- SilverInBox

- Smart Converter

- Smart Reader

- Streaming Player

- Task Switcher

- Touch Player

- Transcriber

- TV Out Viewer

- Useless samplemusic, Foreman videos, long mp3 ringtones

- Video Editor

- Wallpapers in "My Documents" folder

- Welcome Center

- Windows Live

- Windows Update

- Zoomer

Added:

+ .NetCF 3.5

+ Adobe Flash Lite 3.1

Memory On First Boot:

Storage Program

Total 133,91MB Total 96,70MB

In use 7,81MB In use 27,46MB

Free 126,09MB Free 69,24MB

Known Issues:

* Disabling Samsung Dialer frees up to 10MB memory, but also disables Video Call feature. If you want Samsung Dialer and Video Call enabled, change the value from 0 to 1 in registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] "Enabled"=dword:0

** DivX VOD Registration removed, but icon is still present.

Download Link:

Download now from Mediafire

Please don't mirror this file. If you want to post it in other sites, post the link provided here. I want to know how many hits it gets.

"YouTube friendly" Opera is available here (9.5 b2808). Versions b15086 (update cab only, needs b2808 installed) and b15202 (full cab) are newer, but I tested them and they didn't show YouTube videos.

You decide which version you want installed. :(

Greetings from BRAZIL! :rolleyes:

ok, so there's a small glitch.

although samsung main menu is removed, there's a softkey shortcut remaning in today screen (bottom right), so when you tap it, nothing happens.

to fix it, go to registry (phm registry editor, resco, sktools, whatever), find [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113], delete "main menu" and its value, then delete key 113.

soft-reset and you'll have the default shortcut: Contacts

a new fixed rom is available here.

the link in the first post is already updated, so new downloads won't have this glitch.

i'm really sorry for this inconvenience.

@helladios:

thanks for your tip! i'll test it and see if it suits the next rom release!

@picky-picasso:

i was looking for a brazilian omnia because i wanted a brazilian portuguese rom. but secany told me that brazilian omnia is i900L, not i900 which i currently have.

i'll look for an omnia when i go to the mall (i'll get my car back only on wednesday), but i'm pretty sure the store guys won't know the difference between i900L or i900. even the docs i could find say i900, not i900L... that's strange. TIM's site, VIVO's site, even SAMSUNG MOBILE brazilian site states i900, not i900L.

i'll take my SD with me, if i find any omnia for testing i'll ask to put my SD "to take some pictures to evaluate it".

i'll let you know if i have any news.

Edited by lufeig

Guest Hendrickson

Cool rom although I have foudn that its not very stable. it seems to crash over night. Not sure if its the new rom or the lite version thats the issue.

@Hendrickson:

could you please provide me more details? what operations the phone was running when it crashed?

that's strange, mine's running since yesterday, installing apps, uninstalling, testing, and so far it's 100%

Guest Hendrickson

It crashed when updating my media library in Media player. And in standby it locked up and was dead this has happened twice. Nothing was running just had samsung today 2 installed and tomtom 7 + gps gate. And when I installed Samsung touch player and run it, it crashes in the album view not sure why?. Otherwise its a good rom.

ok... i'll run some tests later... i gotta sleep a little, it's already 08:20am and i've been awake for a looooong time... i'm on vacation, my sleep is a mess!

i'll keep you informed after running the tests...

good ROM. I have a suggestion: could you remove a standard Java application next time. There are many JAVA emulators, and everyone would be able to install what he wants

P.S. Sorry for my english

Edited by 'CJ'

Guest picky-picasso
ok... i'll run some tests later... i gotta sleep a little, it's already 08:20am and i've been awake for a looooong time... i'm on vacation, my sleep is a mess!

i'll keep you informed after running the tests...

Thanks for staying up, bud. Your ROM is AWESOME. TIGHT! Tiny! I can install all my apps outside of my precious as gold Memory! I've got office and 100 Megs free. And the WiFi fix/hold is SO fast and stable - faster than it has ever been, through EVERY single other build.

You be da man.

yes.

pp

Guest picky-picasso
@picky-picasso:

i was looking for a brazilian omnia because i wanted a brazilian portuguese rom. but secany told me that brazilian omnia is i900L, not i900 which i currently have.

i'll look for an omnia when i go to the mall (i'll get my car back only on wednesday), but i'm pretty sure the store guys won't know the difference between i900L or i900. even the docs i could find say i900, not i900L... that's strange. TIM's site, VIVO's site, even SAMSUNG MOBILE brazilian site states i900, not i900L.

i'll take my SD with me, if i find any omnia for testing i'll ask to put my SD "to take some pictures to evaluate it".

i'll let you know if i have any news.

Sweet!!

Doesn't matter if it's L, there's gotta be some there with the tri-band 3G since it's on Samsung's site...

pp