[CONFIRMED:PANDORA WORKS FOR OMNIA]Does Pandora Work On Omnia?

Guest somedude

Guest scissordoc

how do i get the back light to turn off? this also happens when i am loged onto skye. but the progam works great. just downloaded cab.

Guest ardvarkofdoom
hey how am i supposed to log into pandora after downloading if it will not bring up the keyboard..

Load the keyboard and then load pandora or set your keyboard to a hard key, even if just temporarily.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zfly9
The version I got works fine on my i910.

The only problem I have....it keeps my screen active. When a song is playing and I hit the pwr button to close the screen to save battery.....as soon as the current song finishes, the screen goes back active....Now in the car, going the my Motorola T505's or home plugged into AC, it's not much of a bother. But if you use this without a pwr supply your battery is dead in no time.

Any workaround on this?

I love Pandora - when I am home I have it crankin on my desktop often.....I have my station pretty tweaked out the way I like it and love the ability to take it mobile with me on the Omnia. I have a 1st gen Jabara BT stereo headset(BT620), they work, but about the get the BT8010 and then really plan on using the Omnia playing Pandora pretty much everywhere I go.

I am also having this problem.. When it goes to the next song, screen activates... Anyway around this?

Guest h8isgr8

Does anyone else agree the sound quality of this app is horrible? It's got to be something like <64kbps. The PC version of pandora sounds much better. I just use Resco Pocket Radio for now because I can't stand listening to this app.

Guest Rooster Misfit
Does anyone else agree the sound quality of this app is horrible? It's got to be something like <64kbps. The PC version of pandora sounds much better. I just use Resco Pocket Radio for now because I can't stand listening to this app.

well its made so it can be easily streamed anywhere. not juts in places where you have full bars or wifi access

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roc22

I just installed the cab with version 1.1.4 and the keyboard works fine on my VZW i910. The only issue I saw was in portrait mode the Pandora logo is cut off. This is not the case in landscape mode though. Menu works, thumbs up/down works, song image changes when song changes and sound quality is excellent!

I have SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 installed and the new OFFICIAL ROM from Samsung/VZW.

All I need now is a good Keyboard app to replace the Samsung one....

• 7 months later...
Guest jneikum

I cannot get Pandora to work. I'm getting the 2 errors as described in previous post (with the C++).

I've tried 1.1.4, and 1.1.10, plus probably another version or two and nothing works. I get to the point where it attempts to connect to my previously created station and sits indefinitely. Do you think the SPB Mobile shell is conflicting with it? Just can't figure out why it won't work.

• 1 month later...
Guest capricorn116

Thanks for posting the CAB file for Pandora. I got it to work on my Omnia 2 i920.

The only problem I have is the UI is really, really little. So little I can barely click it with the stylus. Any thoughts how I can fix that?

The rest of the interface isn't very pretty either. I suspect for the same screen resolution reason.

Otherwise I'm listening and loving every minute of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redphlud

thank you for this. after issues with every other version i've found, the version 1.1.10 here works great with nothing extra done on my i910! (except i did change the tcp window size for a previous install attempt that was suggested, so that may or may not have contributed). but no more errors and QWVGA support is great.. <3 pandora, thanks again!

Guest popwarfour
I haven't tried this out, but it might work for you...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=83

I was able to get rid of the errors by installing 1.1.10 like other posts above. I did notice my WM player is set to shuffle though.

AMAZING FIND. THIS MADE IT WORK instantly on my i910 with custom 6.5 rom and keyboard. you must just turn off shuffle on widows media player! thats all! as far as a the terrible resoultion thats beyond me without the source code to fix

• 2 months later...
Guest smashedpumpkins
I just download the CAD file from there: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48458

It works great and there is no problems with the keyboard opening on my i900. The zip is not the same version so may be it's better to use the CAB

I attached it below.

Jeannette

I tried this cab out first and it works like a charm. Keyboard works just fine :( I'm running a rom by blazingwolf on I believe 6.5. (It's been a while... haha)

EDIT: Well it seems to screech in the background regardless of the device. It's probably low quality songs being sent through.

Edited by smashedpumpkins