VB.NET CF3.5, WM6 and Transparent Images

Guest DonalCasey

Guest DonalCasey

Hi all, my first post :rolleyes:

I am looking to write a suite of useful apps for my Omnia (what a great phone) to fill the void that many of us WQVGA appear to live in.

I am very knowledgeable in VB.NET and have made a good start - I'll put my first effort on here shortly.

I have, however hit a stumbling block around transparent images and VB.NT Compact Framework 3.5. I have googled until I can google no more and have had no joy. I have found many articles for c#, but as I don't know the language and don't have a huge amount of time to learn, they are not much use....

So, my question - does anyone have any tips, ideas, code samples, sites etc. that may prove useful?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers

Donal

Guest DonalCasey

Hi Paul,

I am endeavoring to produce some slick apps such as Weather, Screen Lock, Interface etc. that are fit for the Omnias screen.

The apps will use a number of images such as weather icons, app icons and other sundry, yet useful images. I have spent some time in Gimp producing .pngs with transparent backgrounds, but cannot seem to use the transparency within VB.NET. The need for transparency arises as I am adding some functionality around customisation of colours, images and the like.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers

Donal