Who made this Excellent ROM ?

Guest M Seif

I have got this link to this excellent ROM from an Arabic Forum, and installed it without reading anything about it. I must say I am very impressed by its speed, responsiveness , very big memory ( ofcourse a lot has been removed m but also very nice small programs are added) .

It is by far the best I tested. Yet I do not know the Chef , as the least to do is to thank him, and give him the credit.

So if someone know the link to its site , I would be grateful .

http://rapidshare.com/files/176571280/M2D_HL2_Lite_PDA.zip

Thanks

I am not really an expert to tell you about what is removed and what is added, also not in GPS and youtube videos, but here are some shots , I hope it can tell you .

I suggest you try it ( Sector I know you from this forum and you can definitely judge better) .

I wish someone ( or the Chef) can tell us where we can read more about it, may be to wait for his new roms as well.

Capture002.bmp

Capture003.bmp

Capture004.bmp

Capture005.bmp

Capture006.bmp

Capture007.bmp

Capture008.bmp

Capture001.bmp

Edited by M Seif

Hi,

verry possible this rom is from PdaMobiz...

I visited that site thought it is Russian , so to translate, but it was not in Russian , do you know which language ?

Just flashed the ROM and first issue I got, Date and Time is set to 1.1.2551 :( so I'll let it there now and start up and the phone got customized by it self and Soft Reset and now I got M2D up :rolleyes: so now I'm stuck @ Year 2493 can't go any more down WTF

Ok just changed Regional Settings from Thai To Germany and now resetting again but I gues there is something wrong or is it my phone :)

Guest bobobird

There are quite a few 3rd party apps on there.

One interesting app is the audio speed dialing. Can someone who has installed this check it out?

Thx

Edited by bobobird

Guest Khuanchai
I have got this link to this excellent ROM from an Arabic Forum, and installed it without reading anything about it. I must say I am very impressed by its speed, responsiveness , very big memory ( ofcourse a lot has been removed m but also very nice small programs are added) .

It is by far the best I tested. Yet I do not know the Chef , as the least to do is to thank him, and give him the credit.

So if someone know the link to its site , I would be grateful .

http://rapidshare.com/files/176571280/M2D_HL2_Lite_PDA.zip

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for trying this ROM. Just to let you know that it's my customized ROM for PDAMobiz members. However, everyone can try it for free. This is the original page:

http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts....;PN=1&TPN=1

ROM information:

1. Use i900DXHL2 (from secany) as ROM base

2. No online-Widget

3. It's a TouchFlo 2D Lite version but also contains opera, google maps, sharepix, stream player, and smart converter

4. Very small footprint with almost 100 MB free storage memory

5. PDA part only

In addition, this ROM has Thai regional setting as well as ability to read Thai but you can still use your own local settings.

Finally, I learn about ROM cooking from xda-developers.com, pdamobiz.com, and modaco.com. I would like to thank all experts (too many to name all) from those 3 sites and all developers of those freewares embedded in this ROM.

Edited by Khuanchai

I've flashed it - it's quite OK, but can't see my SMS in outlook :rolleyes: . Just blank screen.

have you installed any language on the mobile? The same happening to me, when I install the Arabization, and it works fine when I remove it .

Hi,

Thanks for trying this ROM. Just to let you know that it's my customized ROM for PDAMobiz members. However, everyone can try it for free. This is the original page:

ROM information:

1. Use i900DXHL2 (from scenary) as ROM base

2. No online-Widget

3. It's a TouchFlo 2D Lite version but also contains opera, google maps, sharepix, stream player, and smart converter

5. PDA part only

In addition, this ROM has Thai regional setting as well as ability to read Thai but you can still use your own local settings.

Finally, I learn about ROM cooking from xda-developers.com, pdamobiz.com, and modaco.com. I would like to thank all experts (too many to name all) from those 3 sites and all developers of those freewares embedded in this ROM.

It is really nice and fast for me, I have one problem, whenever I install the Arabization, The sms is blank, as if written by white font ( only when you get into a message) . It comes back to normal when I remove the Arabization .

Do you have any ideas ?

Hi,

ROM information:

2. No online-Widget

5. PDA part only

This ROM suites my needs almost at 100% except one thing - I think you stripped some regional settings (especially Polish one) - I tried to replace wince.npl file from other ROM but then Messages in SMS won't open. What is strange you haven't removed Polish XT9 dictionary :).

Would you be so kind and prepare other version with all regional settings available please? :rolleyes:

PS It's nice to see my application in someones ROM :( (I'm talking about RotationService).

Dear Khuanchai

If you are going to release next version as qbus suggested, would you check out why when you try to read an sms ( with the Arabic installed ) , the sms does not show ?

To tell you the truth, I loved the rom, but this is important to me and to many members of the Arabic forum,

ce4arab.

Hi,

ROM information:

2. No online-Widget

5. PDA part only

Hi, any chance dat u can help by providing the cab file to have the ability to read Thai so that i could install it in order to be able to read SMS in thai

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Hi,

ROM information:

2. No online-Widget

5. PDA part only

Wow... Is that the HTC Task Manager running together with Manila2D? (On the home screen, look top right)

How did you get that running? :rolleyes: Just that info might as well be _VERY_ usefull.

Guest Khuanchai
This ROM suites my needs almost at 100% except one thing - I think you stripped some regional settings (especially Polish one) - I tried to replace wince.npl file from other ROM but then Messages in SMS won't open. What is strange you haven't removed Polish XT9 dictionary :).

Would you be so kind and prepare other version with all regional settings available please? :rolleyes:

PS It's nice to see my application in someones ROM :( (I'm talking about RotationService).

Sorry not mentioning your name here! I have put too many great applications into my ROM. Thank you very much.

For questions concerning arabic settings, I may try to make a CAB with original files.