Unlimited Web on O2, can you use for other apps?

Guest MrRalphMan

Guest MrRalphMan

I have ordered an HD on O2 via www.mobiles.co.uk and am awaiting stock.

Hopefully I'll be able to swap the unlimited text bolt-on to the web one. Will I be able to use this allowance with my own apps or is it just the built in browser?

Cheers,

Paul.

Guest saintalan

Hopefully I'll be able to swap the unlimited text bolt-on to the web one. Will I be able to use this allowance with my own apps or is it just the built in browser?

Cheers,

Paul.

mobile can't do the swap, but depending on who you speak to at O2, they may. This is the view from the O2 forum. I have thought of this as well but don't want to pay another £7.50 to include a web bolt on.

Did you get the £40 off via Quidco!

I'm pretty sure you can use it for all Web apps but not VOIP etc via the O2 network. Check out the TCs on O2 site.

Cheers

Alan

I phoned O2 the day I got the phone and they changed the unlimited texts to unlimited data. You just need to keep calling til someone does it for you. I was lucky and got it changed first time. Data is ulimited but with a fair use policy

Guest MrRalphMan
I phoned O2 the day I got the phone and they changed the unlimited texts to unlimited data. You just need to keep calling til someone does it for you. I was lucky and got it changed first time. Data is ulimited but with a fair use policy

Coolio, thanks.. I'm pretty happy I'll get it swapped in the end.. Just wondered what you could use it for.. :rolleyes:

mobile can't do the swap, but depending on who you speak to at O2, they may. This is the view from the O2 forum. I have thought of this as well but don't want to pay another £7.50 to include a web bolt on.

Did you get the £40 off via Quidco!

I'm pretty sure you can use it for all Web apps but not VOIP etc via the O2 network. Check out the TCs on O2 site.

Cheers

Alan

Again cheers...

I didn't get the £40 off... what does that come off of?

Edited by MrRalphMan

Guest saintalan
Coolio, thanks.. I'm pretty happy I'll get it swapped in the end.. Just wondered what you could use it for.. :rolleyes:

Again cheers...

I didn't get the £40 off... what does that come off of?

Quidco

Good luck let us know how the text/data switch goes. I am now thinking of going that route if they get stock.

Cheers

Alan

Edited by saintalan

Guest saintalan

Cheers,

Paul.

OK I have now (just) gone this route also, still awaiting the call/text to say they dont have it in stock, but fingers crossed.

Of course I will then keep them crossed to see if I can switch to unlimited data.

Cheers

Alan

Guest saintalan
OK I have now (just) gone this route also, still awaiting the call/text to say they dont have it in stock...

Just received this "the item you ordered is temporarily out of stock but a large delivery is expected very soon"

Cheers

Alan

Guest MrRalphMan
Just received this "the item you ordered is temporarily out of stock but a large delivery is expected very soon"

Cheers

Alan

I got an E-Mail this morning stating that mine had been despatched... Happy Days.. :rolleyes:

Guest saintalan
I got an E-Mail this morning stating that mine had been despatched... Happy Days.. :rolleyes:

That's great, when did you order it?

Let us know about the swap.

Cheers, Alan

Guest MrRalphMan
Will do, this was ordered at 12:15 on the 22'nd of Dec..

Ok, love the phone..

Spoke to O2 on their 202 number and they say as it's through the CPWH they cannot swap the bolt on.

Spoke to O2 on the free phone number and they say 'yes'. Can take up to 48hrs to swap, so far the web site still states that I have unlimited texts.. Will keep an eye on that.

Just need to start installing my PDA apps onto it.. Might flash Dutty's 1.5 rom first though...

Guest saintalan
Ok, love the phone..

Spoke to O2 on their 202 number and they say as it's through the CPWH they cannot swap the bolt on.

Spoke to O2 on the free phone number and they say 'yes'. Can take up to 48hrs to swap, so far the web site still states that I have unlimited texts.. Will keep an eye on that.

Just need to start installing my PDA apps onto it.. Might flash Dutty's 1.5 rom first though...

Thanks, ordered yesterday, arriving tomorrow :rolleyes:

Hoping all will be OK with the swap.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks, ordered yesterday, arriving tomorrow :rolleyes:

Hoping all will be OK with the swap.

Cheers

Alan

Any news with the swap? I have tried three times and so far have not been successful.

Jon.

Guest saintalan
Any news with the swap? I have tried three times and so far have not been successful.

Jon.

First time they are switching it tomorrow. Although I understand you need to check your on-line a/c and check again after your bill.

You need the magic number, it's 0800 587 4715.

Good Luck

Alan

Guest MrRalphMan
First time they are switching it tomorrow. Although I understand you need to check your on-line a/c and check again after your bill.

You need the magic number, it's 0800 587 4715.

Good Luck

Alan

It still's shows as the Text's.. I'll call again if it's the same tomorrow.

I need to swap, it's cost me £0.04p so far in data charges... :rolleyes:

This is my online screen. It was activated 24 hours after my call.

My tariff:O2 35 18 MonthContract duration:18 monthsContract renewal date:17th June 2010Services:Unlimited Web Bolt On

I just started to chat with the woman. Sweet talking seems to work a treat :rolleyes:

There are so many different answers. 24 hours, 48 hours, next month....

Pot luck it seems!!!

Guest MrRalphMan

Spoke to them today and apparently, although I called on the 9th of Jan, the date for activation was the 8th of Feb.. Should be sorted for tomorrow..

Touch wood..

Just got my pay as you go sim to try to swap my old O2 number

Spoke to them today and apparently, although I called on the 9th of Jan, the date for activation was the 8th of Feb.. Should be sorted for tomorrow..

Touch wood..

Just got my pay as you go sim to try to swap my old O2 number

I called the magic 0800 number above, and I am now swapped over to unlimited web. The phone was answered after two rings.

Guest MrRalphMan
I called the magic 0800 number above, and I am now swapped over to unlimited web. The phone was answered after two rings.

Yep, the two times I have called the number it has been picked up right away and no questions asked about the swap.

Guest sazzylou
Yep, the two times I have called the number it has been picked up right away and no questions asked about the swap.

Managed to find one in stock in Carphone Warehouse in Leeds and hopefully too I am now sorted. I tried calling 202 twice to be told they could not change me off the unlimited text package so tried calling the 'magic 0800' number.

The lady I spoke with did it straight away no questions and I am told it will update within 24 hours!

I really really hope it does work out and will let you know if all is well.

Thanks so much for your previous posts people - really helped out here!