Favorite Hackings [09-01-26: UPDATE 0.3]

Guest sztupy

This is a great app however everytime i make a change after awhile (perhaps after a soft reset awhile later) the changes go back and dont save i.e hide sim contacts comes back later, any idea why? Am i missing something?

Thanks

Hide sim contacts come back after a while, that's a known "feature" of Omnia.

Guest travelbug
added AppToDate suppor, redownload if you want to.

hi sztupy

nice lil program

however when i used to it to enable sms sent notifications i could not turn the switch off

i have tried many times with no luck so i unnstalled i t first then tried to switch off request delivery notifications in messaging>tools>options but still no go. i dont get sms recieved messages but the sms sent message persiists.

could you guide me through the reg settings i have to change to make this permamanent (disable sms sent notification)

never had this prob before

thanks

hi sztupy

nice lil program

however when i used to it to enable sms sent notifications i could not turn the switch off

i have tried many times with no luck so i unnstalled i t first then tried to switch off request delivery notifications in messaging>tools>options but still no go. i dont get sms recieved messages but the sms sent message persiists.

could you guide me through the reg settings i have to change to make this permamanent (disable sms sent notification)

never had this prob before

thanks

Seems like a bug... will check...

registry settings:

notification: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings --> SMSDeliveryNotify switch between 1 and 0

message sent: HKLM\software\microsoft\inbox\settings --> SMSNoSentMsg switch between 0 and 1

Guest travelbug
Seems like a bug... will check...

registry settings:

notification: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings --> SMSDeliveryNotify switch between 1 and 0

message sent: HKLM\software\microsoft\inbox\settings --> SMSNoSentMsg switch between 0 and 1

hi dont seem to have the message sent settings in hklm

the only thing in there is deafult with no value set

should i add this string and value? and how do i add it?

Guest monsterpt
That might be because you're using i910. If you run the phone dialer, and dial *#0*# will it do anything?

nothing when I use *#0*#. must be an i910 issue. Thanks

Guest monsterpt
For i910 users:

Verizon has disabled the dialparser on the i910. You might try out to get it back though. I don't whether it'll work or not...

Here you go. DL the attached file: DialParserGSM.zip extradt and copy to Windows folder on the phone.

Then set in the following key

HKLM\Software\\Microsoft\\DialParser

the following attribute: "DLL-OEM" to "dialparsergsm.dll"

after 30 seconds soft-reset, and try again. If this works, then I'll add this tweak to the phone.

I tried the edit. under software/microsoft/dialparser I have a DLL-MS. I changed the value to say dialparsergsm.dll. soft reset and so far no change.

hi dont seem to have the message sent settings in hklm

the only thing in there is deafult with no value set

should i add this string and value? and how do i add it?

add a dword value. what registry editor are you using?

FavHackSettings.xml

Thanks, I found this yet.

But I thought about the possibility to have language files.

So you don't even have the "chance" to change anything else.

Also if you install a newer version, you don't have to change the old texts again.

thanks

hanzam

• 1 month later...
Guest kurniawan

Is this reg hack also been updated in favorite hackings????

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\AttenuationCategory and change the value to 1

It will turn off the 3 sec delay/ increasing ringtone on an incoming call.... would be great to have this in Favorite hackings.

Source: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=981487

Edited by kurniawan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest s0cks

Hi sztupy...

I installed Favorite hackings 0.3 and run it...

But I got a strange thing...

If I choose to calibrate screen... a new value is added in registry... CalibratiOnText...

But this value doesn't exist by default...

And the correct value to change is CalibrationData... but the program doesn't change it!

Why it happens?

Can you correct it?

Guest grumbly_bum

Awesome program sztupy, I've found a lot of the tweaks have allowed me to get rid of various small programs and I don't have to mess around with developer codes or registry editors.

One thing I haven't been able to get to work is changing the default "my pictures" and "my music" folders to the storage card. When I select it all the options seem to highlight, and it still defaults to the phone memory. Do I need to manually create the folders first? Or am I doing something wrong?

• 3 months later...
Guest somfin4u2c
nothing when I use *#0*#. must be an i910 issue. Thanks

My Omnia i910 feels so left out, this looks to be a great tool. Any possibility of this coming to the i910?

• 1 month later...
Hi sztupy...

I installed Favorite hackings 0.3 and run it...

But I got a strange thing...

If I choose to calibrate screen... a new value is added in registry... CalibratiOnText...

But this value doesn't exist by default...

And the correct value to change is CalibrationData... but the program doesn't change it!

Why it happens?

Can you correct it?

This was fixed or not ?

• 2 months later...
Guest Memo1180

Great Application,

I have one problem though, I am not sure what settings need to be in order for the screen to rotate by itself. I've tried everything and I can only get it to rotate manually. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
Guest nishant85

hi guys, for some reason after i installed this. it's really messed up my SMS section?

All my sent messages, the sender shows up as "0". And now when I click a message in my inbox, it automatically shows the the message I sent rather than the SMS in the inbox.

Is there any way to completely uninstall and reset my settings or to fix this?

Cheers.