You can find them here:
To cook ROM please read "HOW TO COOK QB ROM.txt".
To cook your own ROM you have to have basic knowledge about Omnia's ROM development.
!!! Thank you for all who was supporting my work for Omnia Community !!!
These are ROMs created by me .
- If you want to have balance between clean and all-inclusive, if you want to have applications chosen by you (including 3rd party apps), don't want to have a mess in your phone, if you are familiar with Windows Mobile (you know what you want achieve) then my ROMs are for you .
The common things about thes ROMs are:
- .NET 3.5 and FlashLite 3.1 integrated (in order to use Samsung Widget you have two use CAB provided by me in this thread);
- All applications which are not needed for the proper work of the telephone/pda were removed - you can always install what you need from CAB files;
- HTC TaskManager 2.1 & HTCEmu 0.7 integrated in both of them;
- Full screen Volume Control (please read the note below );
- Disabled automatic lock when talking;
- I haven't changed Windows Mobile version becouse it can potentially create bugs and the benefit of it is questionable;
- GPS Extra has synchronize on WiFi connection disabled - this was causing GPRS connection to start after WiFi disconnection;
- Long pressing end call button is set to disconnect GPRS connection by default
(to restore default behaviour enter Settings->Personal->Buttons->End key and change option to Lock device).
- and some other minor things...
Flashing instructions (only for Windows XP users, Vista [as always] is not supported):
a. Installed Samsung Drivers
b. Installed ActiveSync
1. Charge your phone (!!!)
2. Turn it off
3. Connect phone to PC using USB cable
4. Start updater (EXE file from archive)
5. Turn on phone
6. When the "Start" button becomes enabled press it
7. Wait until "Job done" messsage appears
8. You can disconnect phone from PC and close application now - congratulations! you have new firmware!
The Manila Lite one contains all of the tabs which don't need external applications (so Audio, Photo and Location tabs were removed).
If you want to have all Manila tabs you need to:
- For Audio and Album tabs install "Manila Full Upgrade Part 1 - Audio and Album Tabs" package
- For Location tab install "Manila Full Upgrade Part 2 - Location Tab" package (this will install Google Maps and modify Manila's config file).
Things to remember:
You can't install Part 2 without Part 1 (otherwise you will mess up Manila's config files). Installation is one way operation. There is no posibility to uninstall packages.
Install upgrade only if you have original theme applied on device (otherwise you will have to reinstall your current theme).
The memory available after the installation is shown on screenshots.
If you want to have small fonts like in first version of ROM install "Small Fonts" CAB from CAB repository. To restore large Samsung fonts use "Large Fonts" .
The screenshots with black titlebar are from Manila ROM and with orange titlebar from clean ROM.
1. DXID1 as base.
2. Updated HTCEmu to 0.7.
3. Used Pako's 1.85 Executor so it's now harder to brick phone while doing upgrade.
Manila Lite ROM:
1. DXIA5 as base.
2. Updated Manila Customizer to the newest version.
Manila Lite ROM:
1. Optimized/compressed executables - more free space on device memory.
2. Updated Manila Customizer to the newest version.
3. No more "first boot connection problems" bug.
1. New big VolumeControl UI is now invoked only by pressing hardware buttons. Touching speaker icon on taskbar shows standard Windows Mobile volume control.
This is becouse of bug which causes big volume control to be invoked when pressing other then volume icon parts of taskbar.
2. QB04M comes with new Manila Theme (I just want to have something unique in my ROM). To create this theme I used clock created by maxycy and background from Carbon Analogue. Thnx.
1. DXIA2 as base (with working full screen volume control)
2. Replaced ugly 3G+ icon on taskbar with nicer H (as HSDPA)
Big thanks goes to Sardor for being my beta tester .
1. Fix for not updating battery icon on taskbar
2. Fix for sending files via bluetooth
1. Restored big fonts in menus/taskbar
2. Restored accidently removed tests (sound configuration was not working in QB01/QB01M).
This CABs were created and tested by me with newest versions of my ROMs. Some of them contains duplicated files (for example Widgets and Today) but becouse of that you can be sure that to have a functionality you want you need to install only one CAB (if it's not possible for particular application then it's written in description/note).
- Samsung Today 2 (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?nqtyjmtlqvf
- Small Fonts (changes fonts to be small like in normal Windows Mobile - restart required) http://www.mediafire.com/?izeziqtymmy
- Large Fonts (changes fonts to be large like in Samsung ROM - restart required) http://www.mediafire.com/?zninzod4zun
- Samsung Clock (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?g5w4ykzlvm4
- Samsung Widget (DXHK3) http://www.mediafire.com/?ykmqwm0q1yx
- Samsung Online Widget (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?4zcmjzurni4
- Main Menu (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?myinyj302j0
- Touch Player (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?nggjziwxzmm
- Streaming Player (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?dz2mz2nmzz5
- Task Switcher (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?mzztuljldyq
- Original Dialer (DXID1 - locks screen when using phone) http://www.mediafire.com/?iw5m1umdixy
- Smart Converter (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?yznojyf2gmk
- Smart Reader (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?1k4gjktny0w
- Samsung Zoomer (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?nuzwmemgbew
- Windows Live (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?eyoyjkfemi0
- Media Album (DXID1) http://www.mediafire.com/?uitdeim2ijd
- Manila Full Upgrade Part 1 - Audio and Album Tabs http://www.mediafire.com/?2eid2i2jcig
- Manila Full Upgrade Part 2 - Location Tab http://www.mediafire.com/?wdj0kmzntw3
- Manila Weather Patch http://www.mediafire.com/?jwgnwyxyyye
- Asphalt4 (Game from DXIA5) http://www.mediafire.com/?2wtm0mimjwm
NOTES: Widgets are modified to work in Flash 3 Environment.
Clock icons opens standard windows clock. If you have Samsung Clock installed (or if you install it after installing Widgets) it should start to work from Clock widget. If you want to make widget player to work you need to install Touch Player from CAB provided in this thread.
How to add your custom cities to weather tab in Manila:
- Disable TouchFlo in Today Settings
- Install weather patch from CAB repository (without installing patch you won't be able to download weather information)
- Open accuweather page and display weather for your city
- Note URL's "locCode" parameter (something like EUR|PL|PL007|GARWOLIN)
- Open HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml and add new entry with your city, for example:
<city name="Garwolin, PL" loca="EUR|PL|PL007|GARWOLIN" land="Poland"/>
- Save that file and restart TouchFLO interface on your device
- You will see new city in weather chooser
BIG thanks to all of chiefs here - mainly Khuanchai, Sztupy, Lufeig, PaSSoA, Sector. THANKS GUYS!
Edited by qbus, 05 July 2009 - 02:15 PM.