eXpansys HTC Shift @ £499.

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Limited stock 'coming soon' :)

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=177867&partner=uknews

Save £450.

Got my order in - vouchers don't work - used to on offer deals despite terms saying they didn't :-(

M.S

edit - order placed, the product listed in my order tracking says 'HK warranty'...so assume a grey import w/rom update issues etc peeps.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest fatbutcher
Limited stock 'coming soon' :)

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=177867&partner=uknews

Save £450.

Got my order in - vouchers don't work - used to on offer deals despite terms saying they didn't :-(

M.S

edit - order placed, the product listed in my order tracking says 'HK warranty'...so assume a grey import w/rom update issues etc peeps.

I've placed an order myself, and noticed this HK Warranty thing. I've sent expansys an email a few days ago enquiring how this effects me in the event of a fault developing, not had a response so far, don't want to find out I'd have to send it to HK.

Whats this about issues with ROM updates issues on grey imports? I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order, just sounds like theres to many downsides for something that should be this price anyway!

I've placed an order myself, and noticed this HK Warranty thing. I've sent expansys an email a few days ago enquiring how this effects me in the event of a fault developing, not had a response so far, don't want to find out I'd have to send it to HK.

Whats this about issues with ROM updates issues on grey imports? I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order, just sounds like theres to many downsides for something that should be this price anyway!

Stock due 1st week February apparently. Ultimatley your contract for the goods is with eXpansys UK. A HK grey import can mean a delay for warranty service as you can't return it directly to HTC Europe - they won't recognise the seriel - so eXpansys UK will have to act as a relay agent and ship it back to HK if needed *at their cost* if it needs a hardware repair. It can add 2 or maybe 3 weeks to a turnaround time.

With the roms, majority of times a grey import isn't an issue although HTC have been a bit arsey with recent releases such as the Diamond. As the unit has been in production for a while as long as it's not DOA I'm sure there'll be nothing to worry about. you won't be able to register on HTC Europe's site so won't get access to european updates etc but with xda-dev's etc roms shouldn't be an issue ;-)

M.S

Guest fatbutcher
Thats a shame

Still, I wonder in the future if they make a version thats atom based? Might be nice to see a HTC netbook of some sort!

Cheers

Phill

Now that I would pay £499 for that without hesitation, esspesially if the WM side was a full version!

Are there any other alternatives to this product?