Awful Signal

Guest UndeadDevil

Guest UndeadDevil

I've got the T-Mobile MDA Vario IV, and it seems the arial is in the bottom of the phone not the top, thus when I hold the phone I completly lose signal! I can't use this phone without having Handsfree!

Are all the Touch Pro Models like this? Why haven't I seen anyone else with this issue.

Edit: Manual confirms the arial is in the bottom of the phone

Edited by UndeadDevil

I've got the T-Mobile MDA Vario IV, and it seems the arial is in the bottom of the phone not the top, thus when I hold the phone I completly lose signal! I can't use this phone without having Handsfree!

Are all the Touch Pro Models like this? Why haven't I seen anyone else with this issue.

Edit: Manual confirms the arial is in the bottom of the phone

No problems with my O2 XDA Serra (Touch Pro)

Guest UndeadDevil

Personally I love the changes on the Keyboard, but then again I came from a Vario 2. I certanly don't miss the softkeys at the top of the Vario 2's keyboard.

So T-Mobile thought they'd be smart and move the arial to the one place no phone maker will ever dare put the arial. Can anyone confirm that the UK T-Mobile Model is the only one with this issue? (I haven't seen any complainents about the US and Germany T-Mobile versions)

Edited by UndeadDevil

Personally I love the changes on the Keyboard, but then again I came from a Vario 2. I certanly don't miss the softkeys at the top of the Vario 2's keyboard.

So T-Mobile thought they'd be smart and move the arial to the one place no phone maker will ever dare put the arial. Can anyone confirm that the UK T-Mobile Model is the only one with this issue? (I haven't seen any complainents about the US and Germany T-Mobile versions)

I know the cariers customise the phones a bit but surely they would not be messing around with the internals like that?

Guest UndeadDevil

Excuse quality, I don't have a working scanner. This is a photo of the T-Mobile Vario IV manual page about the arial location. (Taken on MDA Vario IV)

Would anyone mind uploading a pic of there manual on the related page.

post-257315-1232576980_thumb.png

Edit: W....T....F... "To get the best from your phone and ensure human exposure to Radio" - Did I understand that wrong? I must have....

Edit2: Ignore above, I was being a idiot.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest Kewlj1313
Excuse quality, I don't have a working scanner. This is a photo of the T-Mobile Vario IV manual page about the arial location. (Taken on MDA Vario IV)

Edit: W....T....F... "To get the best from your phone and ensure human exposure to Radio" - Did I understand that wrong? I must have....

add this to the end of that as it is in the picture: "...Frequency energy is within the guidelines..."

Then it makes since :)

"To get the best from your phone and ensure human exposure to Radio Frequency energy is within the guidelines"

!!! Kinda lame though on the antenna location :-\

Kewlj1313

Guest Kewlj1313

add this to the end of that as it is in the picture: "...Frequency energy is within the guidelines..."

Then it makes since :)

"To get the best from your phone and ensure human exposure to Radio Frequency energy is within the guidelines"

!!! Kinda lame though on the antenna location :-\

Kewlj1313

Guest UndeadDevil

That teaches me for not paying attention... Still, why the hell did T-Mobile move the arial to the bottom.

I honestly wonder if this modification is the reason for the huge UK Delay....